Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Can we fix Male Sprint now? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188011)

Archived Post 11-10-2010 09:11 PM

Can we fix Male Sprint now?

Okay, we fixed the ladies' sprinting animation. Thanks a ton.

But for some reason we've left the guys running around like a bunch of apes out of an anime cartoon. Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the old animation? Was there a single player that complained about it? I don't remember any. Bring it back please. I just cannot get myself to continue sprinting with this animation. I'd rather just go slow.

Thanks again.

:cool:

Archived Post 11-10-2010 09:34 PM

/signed

I keep hearing Benny Hill music in my head whenever i sprint. It's like Starfleet implemented a 'ministry of silly runs' or something.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 09:44 PM

From a design perspective the distinction between running and sprinting for the male is currently excellent.

What is needed is the ability to yell/emote: "Make a hole or my elbows will defeat you!"

---

Archived Post 11-10-2010 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackavaar (Post 3147093)
Okay, we fixed the ladies' sprinting animation. Thanks a ton.

But for some reason we've left the guys running around like a bunch of apes out of an anime cartoon. Can someone please tell me what was wrong with the old animation? Was there a single player that complained about it? I don't remember any. Bring it back please. I just cannot get myself to continue sprinting with this animation. I'd rather just go slow.

Thanks again.

I heard that it has something to do with how ground combat is going to be revamped. How this plays into that I have no idea.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff_484
I heard that it has something to do with how ground combat is going to be revamped. How this plays into that I have no idea.

Coming season 4, the ground combat revamp: revenge of the morris dancers! :p

Archived Post 11-10-2010 10:41 PM

They could tweek it a bit more and make a mosh animation out of it.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 11:30 PM

my brother complained about it constantly before. And he was right this one is better. Go sprint and take note how you run.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray__Fox (Post 3147205)
my brother complained about it constantly before. And he was right this one is better. Go sprint and take note how you run.

For starers i tend not to elbow everyone within a meter radius. The current animation is less of a sprint and more of an attempt at human powered and sustained flight.

Archived Post 11-11-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormoran (Post 3147230)
For starers i tend not to elbow everyone within a meter radius. The current animation is less of a sprint and more of an attempt at human powered and sustained flight.

Yeah.

Archived Post 11-11-2010 04:31 PM

Okay, apparently everyone else is fine with this hideous Sprint animation. Well goody. It's the freaking CO Gunslinger animation change all over again. I guess I won't be playing my male characters a lot any more.

:(