Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Night of the Comet was good but... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188483)

Archived Post 11-13-2010 03:37 PM

Night of the Comet was good but...

Klingon players REALLY need a dialogue option:

1. "Get Cassady a nerve tonic"

or

2. "Pistol whip Cassady until she focuses on the topic at hand"

Other than that... great mission ;)

Archived Post 11-13-2010 03:44 PM

After trying the mission without spoilers right at launch, I wish feds also had that pistol whip option. In the middle of a crisis and she's whining that her drink tastes bad. Made me want to strangle her.

Archived Post 11-13-2010 03:49 PM

I liked it until the end; kept dying by the klingon ships and took forever to destroy the comet. The thing is I accidentally killed B'vat and destroyed the comet, so I changed history but it's not reflected in the game :D

Archived Post 11-13-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omedarcus
I liked it until the end; kept dying by the klingon ships and took forever to destroy the comet. The thing is I accidentally killed B'vat and destroyed the comet, so I changed history but it's not reflected in the game :D

Yeah, the key is do not stand and fight, hit and run ;)

EDIT: >> spoiler: highlight black text to see >> actually fighting is a viable option as long as you kill each spawn group *fast* before the next lot appear or it is very easy to get overwhelmed... but it is doable... just ignoring grumpy old Whatshisface and try not to shoot him as he cannot kill you alone unless you suck beyond belief... and you are not supposed to blow him up or the timeline will change... and as well all know, God kills a kitten every time you change the timeline, so that would be... bad)

But if you lack the dps for that... kite the Klingons away en mass from the comet/comet bits then circle back fast to destroy the pieces before the Klingons catch up with you again... rinse and repeat until you get all the bits
:D <<

Archived Post 11-13-2010 04:50 PM

Guess I'll never know

I guess I'll never know if this was a good mission or not I can't get past the 3rd ring without the ship going completely out of control. I have tried keyboard and mouse both and still have not had any luck other than wanting to juist slam the mouse upside the wall.

Archived Post 11-13-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vidor-Ralbr
I guess I'll never know if this was a good mission or not I can't get past the 3rd ring without the ship going completely out of control. I have tried keyboard and mouse both and still have not had any luck other than wanting to juist slam the mouse upside the wall.

What were the Devs thinking on that one? They ever hear of LAG?

Archived Post 11-13-2010 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilhippo (Post 3153652)
Klingon players REALLY need a dialogue option:

1. "Get Cassady a nerve tonic"

or

2. "Pistol whip Cassady until she focuses on the topic at hand"

Other than that... great mission ;)

lmfao yeah after seeing some of the posts i am pretty sure alot would agree with you.
as for me i fully support multi outcome missions and dialogue options.