Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   When did Death Penalty become free to fix? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=188713)

Archived Post 11-14-2010 11:01 PM

When did Death Penalty become free to fix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by reclusive46 (Post 2624916)
Being treated!
It's quite easy to be treated but it can be costly in both energy credits and time. Although Injury packs can be a life saver. You can acquire these at Earth space dock or Deep space nine(only for minor and major injuries.The rest are drops). They come in six varieties. 3 for ground and 3 for space. Also remember that your bridge officers can receive injuries as-well.

If you don't have the required Injury pack the only solution is to set a course for DS9 or Starbase 1. Then you must go to the Chief Medical officer for ground injuries( Located near the bridge officer requestions in Starbase 1) or you must go to the Chief Engineer for space injuries(Located in the shipyard at Starbase 1.)

Also note that ship injuries will expire after 30 minutes of having the debuff. When you go to the Chief Engineer though he may still want you to pay for it after 30 minutes. This is a bug.

A friend of mine did SB24 when the DP first went live and when she went to ESD, her
repair bill was 3700ec (Muscle Tear 800; Muscle Tear 800; broken ribs 800; Combat Fatigue 800; Concussion 100).

Today we were chatting w/ some fleet mates who received a few injuries trying out the new weekly and when she commented on her first repair bill they all thought she had gone insane. To her surprise our fleetmates have been going to ESD for DP treatment and repairs for FREE.

When did this happen, is it intentional?

Archived Post 11-14-2010 11:56 PM

as far as i have been playing, repairing/healing at ESD or Qonos has always been cheap OR free. it helps if the injuries are NOt fresh, but a few hours old.

however if you use parts or regenerators in the field, or dont know about these healing NPC's, and use this equipment at ESD or Qonos... it can get quite expensive.

maybe your freind healed the injuries the first day? and maybe they changed it a few days later?

either way, "home base"repair/healing of damage or injuries has been fairly cheap or free for a while now!

Archived Post 11-15-2010 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Rek (Post 3156621)
as far as i have been playing, repairing/healing at ESD or Qonos has always been cheap OR free. it helps if the injuries are NOt fresh, but a few hours old.

however if you use parts or regenerators in the field, or dont know about these healing NPC's, and use this equipment at ESD or Qonos... it can get quite expensive.

maybe your freind healed the injuries the first day? and maybe they changed it a few days later?

either way, "home base"repair/healing of damage or injuries has been fairly cheap or free for a while now!

We always knew that it was cheaper to go to a station to repair than it was to buy the kits, the trade off being that you had to travel back to the station. We knew that waiting 30 minutes (of play time) would remove the deathpenalty for free but until yesterday we had never heard that you could repair for free at a space station.

Archived Post 11-15-2010 02:44 AM

uh oh! they've instituted free healthcare! COMMIES!!!!!!

Archived Post 11-15-2010 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cormoran (Post 3156817)
uh oh! they've instituted free healthcare! COMMIES!!!!!!

Free health care FTW!
IF this turns out to be intentional instead of some bug I might actually turn up the difficulty from time to time. :p

Archived Post 11-15-2010 05:04 AM

Long time ago in Galaxy far away

Been that why for while. The fee to fix was not in game that long and it was removed. There was no need to remove totally but they did.

Archived Post 11-16-2010 01:25 AM

Due to a bug, my captain got a minor injury on normal settings. It was healed for free at ESD. I am in support of free healing for light and minor injuries, but for moderate or major, there should be an energy cost. My logic is that you get minor injuries, and don't treat then, then you get hurt REALLY BAD for not treating when you get injured.

Archived Post 11-16-2010 07:24 AM

I could swear the repairs have been free for several months now.

Archived Post 11-16-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3159540)
Due to a bug, my captain got a minor injury on normal settings. It was healed for free at ESD. I am in support of free healing for light and minor injuries, but for moderate or major, there should be an energy cost. My logic is that you get minor injuries, and don't treat then, then you get hurt REALLY BAD for not treating when you get injured.

So then it's a bug? Now I'm confused. lol

Archived Post 11-16-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilv (Post 3161198)
So then it's a bug? Now I'm confused. lol

As far as I know it has been like this for a long time and it is not a bug.

When the minority demanded punishments upon death they seemed (from my perspective) to fall into two camps as to what the "best" punishment should be... Time or money. Some wanted item, ship, EC, etc... loss upon death. Others did not want loss and wanted a time punishment like being respawned at ESD or having the encounter totally reset from the beginning.

Cryptic incorporated both punishments (in a way) and let you chose which way you want to be punished to remove the penalty... EC loss by using pre-purchased kits with almost no time lost VS Time loss by going to ESD to get cheap or even free repairs.

:)