Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   I have to pay more for C-Points than your website says? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=189526)

Archived Post 11-19-2010 08:40 AM

I have to pay more for C-Points than your website says?
 
Your website says that 1.500 Cryptic points cost 16,31.

When I checked my bank account today you took 19,41. Why's that?


(For a moment I thought, I might have ordered another 500 points, but that wouldn't add up.)

Archived Post 11-19-2010 09:15 AM

ITS CALLED VAT

VALUE
ADDED
TAX

And unless you live in the states we get charged for it

rates vary acroos the eu from the 20% soon to be inplace in the uk to the low 7% i am told in germany it varies alot..

its either that or cause you use that monopoly money the exchange was not so good that day

Archived Post 11-19-2010 09:20 AM

Yeah, Europeans get VAT tax charged to them by their governments. They don't like their people buying things online from the US, I guess. :)

Archived Post 11-19-2010 10:39 AM

I've made other orders from the US before and these taxes were either already included in the listed price or the companies simply avoided them somehow.

So I'll assume it's not Cryptic's fault. But in all fairness they could add a note about that.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backyardserenade (Post 3169850)
So I'll assume it's not Cryptic's fault. But in all fairness they could add a note about that.

Actually they do. The "Buy Cryptic Points"-page says:

"Use the form below to purchase more Cryptic Points / Atari Tokens.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes."

Archived Post 11-21-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.Ramone
Actually they do. The "Buy Cryptic Points"-page says:

"Use the form below to purchase more Cryptic Points / Atari Tokens.
Prices are not inclusive of VAT and/or other applicable local taxes."

But that requires people to actually read things, and we can't have that, now can we?

In all fairness, if the current administration has its way, it won't be long before we Americans start having to pay a VAT as well. And if you don't believe it, I suggest you research President Obama's cap and trade policies for a nice little eye-opener.

I'm just sayin'...

Archived Post 11-21-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

But that requires people to actually read things, and we can't have that, now can we?

In all fairness, if the current administration has its way, it won't be long before we Americans start having to pay a VAT as well. And if you don't believe it, I suggest you research President Obama's cap and trade policies for a nice little eye-opener.

I'm just sayin'...
Most Americans have very little understanding of how much higher common taxes are in Europe. For example, gasoline in England runs $9-$10.00 a gallon compared to the $2.50-$3.00 paid in the US, all of difference being taxes. Likewise in England the 2010 Income Tax rate for people making $60k a year is 40% (50% at $240k+), compaired to the US rate of 15% at $68k (married) and a maximum of 35% at $373k+. People just don't understand how under-taxed we really are compared to everyone else. :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:16 PM.