Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   So I just became Ambassador... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=189826)

Archived Post 11-21-2010 12:47 AM

So I just became Ambassador...

After many many months of work and stuff on STO. I finally opted to become Federation Ambassador since I bought my T5 Excelsior.

Aside from Aiding Planets, Scanning 20 year old frighters, Going into Abandon Bases to collect data, Scanning flowers, Scanning Rocks, Scanning Cacoons, Getting 1 shotted by MumboJumbo Aliens guarding something I need to scan, Those story missions.

Diplo is worth all the pain.

I Got myself a nice Orion Slavegirl with some bangin moves and hope to test her on the ground soon.

Diplomacy is worth it. I almost wish the Klingons would have something like this.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 01:10 AM

Orion slaveboy is more worth it.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 02:48 AM

Congrats!

I love the Ambassador outfit. Best uniform in the game and it was free.

And don't forget you now have the awesome "Diplomatic Immunity" as well as more warp points:)

Enjoy.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 02:52 AM

Oh hey. I was just about to log on to show you my outfit.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 03:52 PM

Hey Del and you to B! ^_^

Archived Post 11-21-2010 04:27 PM

I jsut got to ambassador after a couple months of reserved play too. There needs to be more diplo stuff to ease the grind.

Archived Post 11-22-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I Got myself a nice Orion Slavegirl with some bangin moves and hope to test her on the ground soon.

Somehow, this just sounds wrong. :D

But yes, the dress uniform is very sweet, too.

Archived Post 11-22-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
After many many months of work and stuff on STO. I finally opted to become Federation Ambassador since I bought my T5 Excelsior.

Aside from Aiding Planets, Scanning 20 year old frighters, Going into Abandon Bases to collect data, Scanning flowers, Scanning Rocks, Scanning Cacoons, Getting 1 shotted by MumboJumbo Aliens guarding something I need to scan, Those story missions.

Diplo is worth all the pain.

Diplomacy is worth it. I almost wish the Klingons would have something like this.

Wow, literally just did the exact same thing yesterday too. If you haven't been on your bridge since you got your Orion, you might be a bit disappointed: From what I can tell, the transferred cross-faction BOs won't show up on your bridge. So annoying to me having one random NPC up there still.

Archived Post 11-22-2010 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terral
So annoying to me having one random NPC up there still.

This actually depends on the BO's career. If the Orion's career is already represented by another BO on your bridge, it's possible that all "seat slots" for it are taken. You could try using another bridge...

It annoys me as well, especially when your helmsman sits in the back and you've got an engineer sitting in the front row. I'd wish they would let us choose who sits where.

Archived Post 11-23-2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valias
This actually depends on the BO's career. If the Orion's career is already represented by another BO on your bridge, it's possible that all "seat slots" for it are taken. You could try using another bridge...

It annoys me as well, especially when your helmsman sits in the back and you've got an engineer sitting in the front row. I'd wish they would let us choose who sits where.

That explains it. I had an "alien" character i had made to look Orion, so when I got an actual Orion my intent was simply to replace her - except I didn't dismiss her yet, so there's an excess number of Tactical officers and a lack of Engineers. But yeah, I'd like to be able to set where they appear, preferably in conjunction with assigning them specific roles. There's no reason for my CMO to be on the bridge all the time (Contrary to what Bones might say) and the same could be said of the Chief Engineer. Of course, an option to allow them to be on the bridge should be available. I just like to use the Prometheus C-store bridge and it doesn't have 10 BO spots on the bridge, so I'd like a way for them to be visible elsewhere on my ship.
Ship-wide uniforms would help this issue too though.