Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Battleship over carrier (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190434)

Archived Post 11-25-2010 05:43 AM

Battleship over carrier

ok,here's what im thinking, in order to stop the Klingons whining...i say we scratch the Federation Carrier idea and put the idea of a Federation Battleship up on the board.:D

Archived Post 11-25-2010 05:50 AM

Im down. I mean we obviously have a Federation Carrier as seen by the Giant ship in the entrance to Battle Group Omega from Gamma Orianis. But A battleship would make all the difference.

Archived Post 11-25-2010 05:59 AM

ok...anyone else agree:D

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
Im down. I mean we obviously have a Federation Carrier as seen by the Giant ship in the entrance to Battle Group Omega from Gamma Orianis. But A battleship would make all the difference.

o.O

First, the jupiter that once reigned the omega battlegroup was a dreadnought. A huge warship.

Now its been replaced by A Galaxy X (one that apparently is not the same "suck" variant the Players get...)

So no, there never was a carrier there so... yeah.

As for battleship:

So people, tell me, WHAT is that ship supposed to have that it is not classified as cruiser but battleship?

What are its specs? how is it to differentiate itself from the AC/SC/Excel/Gal-R ?

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:07 AM

for the lay out i would like to see for a Battleship would be something like this: 5 weapons fore and aft, 4 ENG,SCI,TAC consols,4 Device slots and All Commander Bridge officers :D

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:08 AM

Why not both.

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:09 AM

We already got the Assault Cruiser and the Advanced Heavy Cruiser Retrofit. It won't get "Battlier" then that.

How about we come up with a ship type that it's useful to play and fits the ideals of the Federation and Starfleets stated goal of defense and exploration at the same time? How about something that's not just "we need more guns"?

Here is my idea:

Exploration Fleet Support Vessel
The Federation Fleet Support Vessel performs a unique role in the 25th century. With the successful implementation of Transwarp technology, Starfleet vessels can cover long distances in basically zero-time. But this speed advantage does not automatically transfer into a range advantage, as Transwarp Gates are still needed to reach target destinations, and the gates need to be highly guarded so that only very few ships actually have clearance to use them.

For the exploration mission of Starfleet, the Exploration Fleet Support Vessel was designed to make Transwarp generally useful with less security risks for Starfleet. The Exploration Fleet Support Vessel is a mobile Transwarp Gate that can also create temporary transwarp gates. The EFSS can move deep into unknown territory, and allied ships with access information for the transwarp gate can transwarp to its location. From there, they can spread out and start exploring the region. The EFFS is equipped with expanded medical and engineering facilities to provide support to ships, allowing it to serve as a mobile base for an attached fleet of research vessels. Unauthorized vessels would need to overpower and commandeer the ship to get access to it - and the ship can actively try to evade or escape such enemies, or even self-destruct, unlike normal, stationary transwarp gates.

The EFFS can also create temporary transwarp conduits leading to itself, so it can leave behind shortcuts for allied ships while it continues exploration on its own. For its own exploration mission, it is also equipped with research labs and various subspace and EM telescopes.

In wartimes, the Exploration Fleet Support Vessel can allow fast movement between the front line and the safer core regions, and provide strategic or tactical support for nearby vessels.

Statistics
Hull: 42,000; Shields: As Science Vessel
Weapon: 3 Front, 3 Aft.
Turn Rate: 4
Consoles: 3 Engineering, 3 Science, 2 Tactical
Bridge Officer Seatings: Commander Engineer, Lt.Commander Science, Lt. Tactical, Lt. Engineering, Ensign Science
Power Level Modifiers: +5 Shields and +5 Auxiliary (Should SVs ever get a +15 bonus to Aux like they should, raise this to +5 Shield and +10 Aux).

Special Ability:
o Additional Transwarp Locations (Deep Space Nine, Deep Space K-7, Sierra Starbase)
o Create temporary Transwarp Conduit (Active)
- Creates a temporary transwarp conduit in system space. Allied ships can approach the conduit and are transwarped to the EFFSV.
- The temporary transwarp conduit lasts indefinitely but can be destroyed. 24,000 to 36,000 hp (depending on Auxiliary Power at time of creation)
- Cooldown 4 minutes. No more then three conduits can be spawned at the same time.
o Repair Facilities (Passive)
- Allied ships within 5 km gain a +100 % bonus on their hull and subsystem repair rates.
o Medical Facilities (Passive)
- Allied ships within 5km gain a +100 % bonus on their crew regeneration rate.
o Support Team (Active):
- Acts like Engineering Team I, Science Team I and Tactical Team 1.
- Cooldown: 90 seconds (System: Crew)

I imagine the Jupiter (hopefully after a CapnLogan make-over only) could represent this ship.

In some terms, this ship is the Federation Carrier. Except it doesn't carry anything or creates pet fighters. But it serves the role of "projecting" force in the way it makes sense for Starfleet - useful for exploration and battle alike.

In PvP matches, it will be very resilient but unable to pose a serious threat on its own, relying on the allies it supports to take down enemies.

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voyager235 (Post 3183560)
for the lay out i would like to see for a Battleship would be something like this: 5 weapons fore and aft, 4 ENG,SCI,TAC consols,4 Device slots and All Commander Bridge officers :D

oh,and shields that would take the 7 to 8 Carriers to take down:D:cool:

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:15 AM

I see you took my proposal for an instawin proboat seriously.

Archived Post 11-25-2010 06:16 AM

Typhoon Typhoon Typhoon Typhoon