Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Service: Two Additional Costume Slots (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=190815)

Archived Post 11-28-2010 01:56 AM

Service: Two Additional Costume Slots
 
I only seem to be able to add uniforms into, Service: Two Additional Costume Slots, :(

That doesn't help me if I want to have a nice set off clothing from off duty + a set of 21st century clothing + a set of mercenary outfits....

Any chance they will modify these extra slot to allowed any type of clothing???

Archived Post 11-29-2010 10:35 AM

I had the same thing happened when i purchased these. However once I get selected a uniform option for and confirmed it, I went back into it and was able to choose an off-duty uniform then.

I am not sure why it is this way.

Archived Post 12-01-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimevalAtom (Post 3188882)
...That doesn't help me if I want to have a nice set off clothing from off duty + a set of 21st century clothing + a set of mercenary outfits.... Any chance they will modify these extra slot to allowed any type of clothing???

Yeah, it's silly the way they've divided the On/Off Duty costumes and we can only officially purchase On Duty Uniform Slots. You'll find threads all over that ask for this to be corrected. Cryptic thanks you for your purchase, none-the-less. You're welcome. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by captbavo (Post 3191185)
I had the same thing happened when i purchased these. However once I get selected a uniform option for and confirmed it, I went back into it and was able to choose an off-duty uniform then. I am not sure why it is this way.

What I think Captbavo is referring to is a little bug/work-around Cryptic put into the game (accidentally or intentionally, I don't know). There is a way that some (most?) people (myself included) have been able to use the On Duty Uniform Slots for Off Duty clothing. I've outlined the steps here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...&postcount=285

Be warned: There are people that have said these steps didn't work for them, and/or it locked out the slot in some unfortunate way. Also, once you save your Off Duty costume in the On Duty slot you will not be able to go back in and edit it, except to make it back into an On Duty uniform. Use at your own risk. Working with this knowledge, I've used this trick on all my characters with dozens of costumes and had no problems, but YMMV. :cool:

Archived Post 12-07-2010 06:05 AM

Thanks PatricianVetinari :)

That work around did work for one of the slots I had not use.
Sadly the second one was damage in my many attempts to figure them out and is now a permanent duty uniform slot for that character.

Once again thanks a lot for that work around fix :D

Archived Post 12-07-2010 06:33 AM

It's an excellent work around yeah, used it myself too. :)

Archived Post 12-07-2010 09:22 AM

Once again, let's call for universal slots. Or if not that, then more off duty slots. And while we're at it, let's reiterate that we would also like multiple costume slots for our BOffs.

Archived Post 12-08-2010 05:01 PM

You're welcome PrimevalAtom and Nishka. Glad I could help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyMac (Post 3208614)
Once again, let's call for universal slots. Or if not that, then more off duty slots. And while we're at it, let's reiterate that we would also like multiple costume slots for our BOffs.

Agreed. Workarounds are nice, but are only necessary when a desired function isn't working to begin with (which is why you have to work around the impediment).

Universal Costume Slots for all!

Thanks.

Archived Post 12-08-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrustyMac (Post 3208614)
Once again, let's call for universal slots.

I fail to understand why there's a difference, anyways. We have duty uniforms that look like off-duty clothing (T'Pol suit), and we have off-duty clothing that looks like uniforms (Mercenary outfit). Duh.

I would greatly appreciate the ability to mix'n'match across the board. :)

Archived Post 12-08-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valias
I fail to understand why there's a difference, anyways. We have duty uniforms that look like off-duty clothing (T'Pol suit), and we have off-duty clothing that looks like uniforms (Mercenary outfit). Duh.

I would greatly appreciate the ability to mix'n'match across the board. :)

This Klink speaks honorable truth!

Archived Post 12-09-2010 07:15 PM

Max Slots
 
Dose any know what the Max number of extra slots you can buy? If I want could get it 6 time and have 12 extra slots?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 AM.