Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Can't make test character (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=191433)

Archived Post 12-02-2010 02:49 PM

Can't make test character

I was in the middle of playing around with some of the tools in the foundry, when the game crashed. When I attempted to log back in, my test character was gone.

The option to make a new one is greyed out, so I can't get back in there.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 02:52 PM

They temporarily disabled the Foundry to fix some bugs

Archived Post 12-02-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevn
They temporarily disabled the Foundry to fix some bugs

To be more specific, the servers are hammered and they need to improve the architecture surrounding how people access and publish data.

The Foundry itself is quite good but the components surrounding it need buffing due to popular demand.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:13 PM

Ah... gotcha. Thanks.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:14 PM

I just got kicked too. Am excited about all the choices though! Xmas has come early!
:eek:

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:16 PM

Thanks for beating me to the response, folks. :)

The Create Content button / New Character while on the Create Content tab will become clickable when the Foundry is activated again. I do not have an ETA on the next Open Beta test, but we will post an announcement on the forums when it happens.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:18 PM

0-o I'm still in the editor... it didn't kick me.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramak
Thanks for beating me to the response, folks. :)

The Create Content button / New Character while on the Create Content tab will become clickable when the Foundry is activated again. I do not have an ETA on the next Open Beta test, but we will post an announcement on the forums when it happens.

Sounds like you got the load/stress testing aspect done already. ;) You can see now just how amped players are for this feature. Pity I wasn't able to have a look before I could get home from work.

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
To be more specific, the servers are hammered and they need to improve the architecture surrounding how people access and publish data.

The Foundry itself is quite good but the components surrounding it need buffing due to popular demand.

well I think that puts an end to any stipulation that foundry was a bad idea and only developers
should make missions :p

That has been replaced with.....OMG .....must...make....it....bigger, need more processing power.

so ends Dec 2 with the total migration of the holodeck population to Tribble
poor Tribble :D

meow

Archived Post 12-02-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatherfungus (Post 3199138)
well I think that puts an end to any stipulation that foundry was a bad idea and only developers
should make missions :p

That has been replaced with.....OMG .....must...make....it....bigger, need more processing power.

so ends Dec 2 with the total migration of the holodeck population to Tribble
poor Tribble :D

meow

What's awesome is how intuitive you can make some missions.

I saw quite a few labors of love during Closed Beta - ones that easily competed with the best developer missions (aside from maybe the most recent weekly series).