Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Cumbersome Contacts! Is there a better way to get missions? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=191868)

Archived Post 12-04-2010 08:51 PM

Cumbersome Contacts! Is there a better way to get missions?

This is not a suggestion but a request for player ideas.

I am starting to feel that my Starfleet contacts are quite cumbersome! Opening communications (which really should be done on the bridge, through our viewscreen, don't you think?) is now a real ordeal for many.

There are too many contacts! Trying to find a new mission means accidently hailing people about patrols I don't want to do, or fleet actions I have no intention of taking.

Is there a better way to maybe streamline or optimize our contacts sheet? I am even having trouble remembering which contact gives which type of mission. There's like, half a dozen just for 'explore this nebula' alone, and I can never find the nebula I need.

Any of you brilliant minds out there have some brilliant ideas on how this could operate better? :D

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:27 PM

Season 3 will bring about a new sleeker look to the mission journal. It makes it real easy to track and get updates to the missions with a few clicks. I tested it on tribble and it looks really nice.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 02:31 PM

Log on to tribble to check out the new contact UI. It is much better than the current one.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
(which really should be done on the bridge, through our viewscreen, don't you think?)

That's more or less what we're doing, communicating with Starfleet on the bridge or the private terminal in the ready room. Or did you think that opening communication with Starfleet caused a giant box with a floating head to appear in space directly in front of your ship? :p It would be nice if the viewscreen would change to whoever we're contacting if we're on the bridge when we do it, though (actually it would be nice if the viewscreen changed at all, or even just had the Microsoft Star Field screensaver playing).

And, like the others said, Season 3 is coming with a big improvement to the contacts list.

Archived Post 12-06-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Nightblade (Post 3204918)
That's more or less what we're doing, communicating with Starfleet on the bridge or the private terminal in the ready room. Or did you think that opening communication with Starfleet caused a giant box with a floating head to appear in space directly in front of your ship? :p It would be nice if the viewscreen would change to whoever we're contacting if we're on the bridge when we do it, though (actually it would be nice if the viewscreen changed at all, or even just had the Microsoft Star Field screensaver playing).

And, like the others said, Season 3 is coming with a big improvement to the contacts list.

Well, maybe the option to have that floating box be my viewscreen if I communicte with Starfleet while on my bridge. That would look cool.