Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   How to "Finish" a mission?? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=191875)

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:22 PM

How to "Finish" a mission??

Okay, I will admit that I am not as bright as some here, so.. be gentle if this is something completely obvious that I've missed.

First, I have watched the video tutorial that both Kirkfat and D_Kitlor have posted. I actually went and created the mission Kirkfat showed in the video. The problem I am having is .. once you 'scan the tree' in KF's mission, there is no way to beam off the planet.

I thought I had a bit of understanding in what I needed to do, so I went ahead and created a mission. I go from ESD and a contact there, through to Iota Pavonis.. I have three transitions after that. System Space to Ground Map, and then back to System space with no difficulties. But after defeating the last mob, and talking to the contact in the system, I cannot warp out to sector space.

On the story tree, after the last dialog box with the in-system contact there is a small window that states "Leaving System" then a divider line and the text "Entering Earth Spacedock" and then it advances to the last dialog box with my contact on ESD.. but when testing, I can get all the way through everything up to the point where I have to leave my map to return to ESD to turn in the mission.

So, has anyone else had that problem? How do you "beam out?"

Help?

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:26 PM

You don't.
When testing I don't think you can test the last part. I could be wrong though but I can't get out either.

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek

Okay, I will admit that I am not as bright as some here, so.. be gentle if this is something completely obvious that I've missed.

First, I have watched the video tutorial that both Kirkfat and D_Kitlor have posted. I actually went and created the mission Kirkfat showed in the video. The problem I am having is .. once you 'scan the tree' in KF's mission, there is no way to beam off the planet.

I thought I had a bit of understanding in what I needed to do, so I went ahead and created a mission. I go from ESD and a contact there, through to Iota Pavonis.. I have three transitions after that. System Space to Ground Map, and then back to System space with no difficulties. But after defeating the last mob, and talking to the contact in the system, I cannot warp out to sector space.

On the story tree, after the last dialog box with the in-system contact there is a small window that states "Leaving System" then a divider line and the text "Entering Earth Spacedock" and then it advances to the last dialog box with my contact on ESD.. but when testing, I can get all the way through everything up to the point where I have to leave my map to return to ESD to turn in the mission.

So, has anyone else had that problem? How do you "beam out?"

Help?

Yes, when play testing you just sort of stand there. Once the mission is published it should beam you back up. Thanks for checking out the tutorial. I hope that it was useful.

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirkfat (Post 3203731)
Yes, when play testing you just sort of stand there. Once the mission is published it should beam you back up. Thanks for checking out the tutorial. I hope that it was useful.

But I haven't been able to complete the mission yet. I have it set to where you have to return to ESD to speak to the contact you got the mission from at the start.. Do we have to end the mission on the map?

Archived Post 12-04-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galan_Vaurek
But I haven't been able to complete the mission yet. I have it set to where you have to return to ESD to speak to the contact you got the mission from at the start.. Do we have to end the mission on the map?

Hmm.. try publishing it, and then playing it.

Archived Post 12-04-2010 11:04 PM

In the test mode you dont have the option to "beam to ship" like you do in normal ground play. However, once you publish the mission that option will be available as normal, so after you complete the mission you just beam to ship. I dont think you can make it automatically do it for you in UGC missions.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3203760)
In the test mode you dont have the option to "beam to ship" like you do in normal ground play. However, once you publish the mission that option will be available as normal, so after you complete the mission you just beam to ship. I dont think you can make it automatically do it for you in UGC missions.

Yeah, I finally just published it.. and it works perfectly now.

If anyone would care to test it out... the mission name is "Section 31 Needs Help"

Saith