Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   How do you make your landnig party beam down? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=191904)

Archived Post 12-05-2010 03:53 AM

How do you make your landnig party beam down?

I've created a two-stage mission...first you fight some enemies in space outside a station, and then you beam down to the station to fight squads on the interior. However, when I play the mission, I get neither the "away team" dialog when I beam down, nor the option to call reinforcements afterward.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I also tried recreating the mission from scratch using a planet instead of a station. No dice, same thing.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adwynyth (Post 3203965)
I've created a two-stage mission...first you fight some enemies in space outside a station, and then you beam down to the station to fight squads on the interior. However, when I play the mission, I get neither the "away team" dialog when I beam down, nor the option to call reinforcements afterward.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I also tried recreating the mission from scratch using a planet instead of a station. No dice, same thing.

Are you by chance using Risa, DS9, Starbase 39, etc as the away portions for this?

Archived Post 12-05-2010 05:43 AM

You know, I noticed that too. When I was testing an interior map, a bunch of redshirts came down with me, but then one time when I went in, they stopped showing up, and haven't been back since.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 06:15 AM

I've noticed this a lot when you preview maps or play test a mission. Whether you're alone or with a team seems completely random.

As far as I know, it doesn't reflect what will happen when you publish the mission, so it's not a sign of a problem with the map or mission itself.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 06:23 AM

You must set a waypoint for where you want to beam down. Just set one about 25% larger than the planet on top of the planet. Then after the waypoint in your story line, just make the next thing you do be on the planet's surface. It should pop up a map change box. You can then set your text of "Ready to beam down?" etc.

These instructions are off the top of my head and I sort of stumbled into getting it right when I did it. Remember, you must have every step laid out. Before they can beam down, they must have a location to beam down from.

Also, go to your story and click "Play Mission" to test it. "Play Map" will take you to the first objective after beam down, so you won't see it.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 07:10 AM

I don't even know how to get it to let me beam down let alone getting my people with me. How do you set it up to beam to say a Platform in space?

I have a missions thats "Hail freighter, hail starship, fight starship, beam to platform and fight feds, beam back to space fight more ships, leave"

How do I do beam downs and ups? There seems to be no obvious way.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 07:15 AM

This has been random for me as well it seems. My Tac and Eng beamed in with the a team of my highest ranking tac and eng officers. My sci beamed in with the away team specified on the assignments screen. I also haven't gotten an away team picker popup on any mission I've run thusfar.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 07:18 AM

My away team worked for a long time, then it stopped.

I think the change i made was that I replaced the original ground map with another ground map. But I don't know if that was the cause or not.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Are you by chance using Risa, DS9, Starbase 39, etc as the away portions for this?

I was using DS9, but then I recreated the mission from scratch and used a planet I created, which was not Risa.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
I've noticed this a lot when you preview maps or play test a mission. Whether you're alone or with a team seems completely random.

As far as I know, it doesn't reflect what will happen when you publish the mission, so it's not a sign of a problem with the map or mission itself.

Actually, I can't play the missions, because it gives me an internal server error. All my testing has been done with my normal characters after publishing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
You must set a waypoint for where you want to beam down. Just set one about 25% larger than the planet on top of the planet. Then after the waypoint in your story line, just make the next thing you do be on the planet's surface. It should pop up a map change box. You can then set your text of "Ready to beam down?" etc.

I'm setting a reach point bigger than the planet, and the next thing I do is on the planet. I'm getting the transfer box, and it's properly set to leave from the reach point and go to the spawn point on the ground map, but I'm not getting the away team box; it's just bringing up the dialog I created, then when I hit the button, I beam down alone.

As I said, I haven't been able to test from the editor since the first mission I did. Every time after that, I get "internal server error" although I can hear the testing happening in the background.

Archived Post 12-05-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerhelm (Post 3204188)
I don't even know how to get it to let me beam down let alone getting my people with me. How do you set it up to beam to say a Platform in space?

I have a missions thats "Hail freighter, hail starship, fight starship, beam to platform and fight feds, beam back to space fight more ships, leave"

How do I do beam downs and ups? There seems to be no obvious way.

This should help you. http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...ideo-tutorial/