Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   "music Player" Option!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=192315)

Archived Post 12-07-2010 03:26 PM

"music Player" Option!!!

Hello??? Anyone from CRYPTIC out there?

I have an issue that needs to be addressed, and I have mentioned it before, but have not had any replies.

Can we have the option to leave the "MUSIC PLAYER" on the screen at ALL times. Currently I listen to other music from "WinAmp" and evertime there is a loading screen between space sectors, planets etc, I have to go back through the pull down screen to get it back again! As you can see, this can get quite annoying when changing tracks often! If it can be done, it would be a nice option for those that listen to other music, besides the in game music. (I generally prefer to listen to my Star Trek soundtracks)
Thank you!
Lifetime member

Archived Post 12-08-2010 12:00 AM

As for the topic at hand: until cryptiic fixes it, why not utilize winamp's global hotkeys? Then you don't even need the window!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen

Archived Post 12-11-2010 12:15 PM

Lamer, where did that reply about mooching come from? He seems to simply be a fellow who has mentioned an issue several times and received either no response or one of the canned responses that are given when submitting a ticket, which can be rather frustrating. Cryptic does seem better than some other companies about responding to help requests but they're not perfect. The Lifetime Member part appears to simply be a plea for attention.

I saw no comment about him thinking his membership was a ripoff, in addition most people play a MMO for less than a year and a half and as such many lifetime members aren't mooching but rather are actually overpaying.

I also noticed he's been here since 2008 when the game was in beta and you joined only a month ago. You have been reported as a troll.

Archived Post 12-12-2010 12:38 PM

I have no problems with the game nor Cryptic. And yes, I am a Lifetime member, as mentioned above (hopiing to get a responce back0
The game can only get better. I know they are busy, and have thier plates full, I thought it would be nice to have the option to leave the player on screen at all times, if they get the chance to do it.
And thanks That_Lamer, never considered using the (winamp) hot key options.

Archived Post 12-12-2010 02:41 PM

The Music Player feature needs a bit of love, 'tis true.

And maybe while you're at it, a Last.fm integration too? I know its possible...

Archived Post 12-13-2010 04:47 PM

Just use winamp in the background outside of STO. I find using it in STO creates performance problems.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:59 PM

Indeed this is annoying, i'm not sure but i think it stays up in CO (that or it's a lot less noticeable because you don't zone nearly as much there) been a while since i played that though.

I just use winamp in the background like others here, i mainly do it because i've found the ingame player turns off the sound effects whenever i use it and i like to hear both music and sound effects.