Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Klingon Pi Canis Missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=192638)

Archived Post 12-09-2010 03:43 PM

Klingon Pi Canis Missions
 
The Erikson and the Transport Missions are not for the Battlecruisers and the Klingon Carriers.


With Erikson, its super easy with Raptors with BoPs. But with Battlecruisers and Carriers, you cannot complete the mission objectives because you can't loot the freighters while being fired on by the 4 Escorts. And if you attack the Escorts, there isn't enough time to disable the freighters.


With the Transport Raid, you blow up a freighter, it's a mission failure. Even if you already looted it. Then on top of that, fighting off the Federation Cruisers and stopping the Transports before they get to the warp point.

Even further, if you managed to pass the primary objective for the 1 emblem, and fail the secondary (for the 3 Emblems), you have to drop the mission and restart it. But due to the changes of the Mission Contact list, you are unable to restart it.



Overall, for me Season 3 is not off to a good start. I personally am disappointed the time I did the Pi Canis missions, which resulted for a total of 1 emblem, I could've done the 3 Missions in Eta and 4 Deferi Missions.

So I viewed the time as wasted. And I hope Cryptic revises these missions in the next patch.

Archived Post 12-09-2010 04:08 PM

Working as intended, despite feedback from Tribble. The content designer intends to maybe add to it later.

Archived Post 12-09-2010 04:42 PM

I very much remember it being said/texted/etc somewhere (it may have been the Gozer interview) that they intended the "optional" aspects of the KDF PI Canis missions to be very,very difficult to achieve. Designed most likely to inspire repeated attempts to bring about its complete conclusion an the rewards there of.

Keep in mind one of the oldest complaints about PvE is that its too easy. I don't think so personally as I find Advanced to be casually perfect and Elite just hard enough to make me sit up and play hard, but we can't back down now that they raised the bar.

Archived Post 12-10-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3214381)
I very much remember it being said/texted/etc somewhere (it may have been the Gozer interview) that they intended the "optional" aspects of the KDF PI Canis missions to be very,very difficult to achieve. Designed most likely to inspire repeated attempts to bring about its complete conclusion an the rewards there of.

Keep in mind one of the oldest complaints about PvE is that its too easy. I don't think so personally as I find Advanced to be casually perfect and Elite just hard enough to make me sit up and play hard, but we can't back down now that they raised the bar.

In all honesty it was too easy me in my Raptor and BoP, but in my Negh'var it was a race against the clock. Thats why I say these missions were made for them.

If Gozer moves the Warp Points further out, it wouldn't be a problem.

Archived Post 12-10-2010 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWRicheson (Post 3214300)
Working as intended, despite feedback from Tribble. The content designer intends to maybe add to it later.

As I understand it, it's no "may be". There will be optional mission goals for all 3 player classes at some point. When that will be, I don't know.

But it's working as intended for now, except the Errikson bug - Fail and success conditions are inconsistent you need to raid more freighters to avoid a failure then you need to succeed. Sounds illogical? Well, I warned you. ;)

Archived Post 12-10-2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3215284)
In all honesty it was too easy me in my Raptor and BoP, but in my Negh'var it was a race against the clock. Thats why I say these missions were made for them.

If Gozer moves the Warp Points further out, it wouldn't be a problem.

Well it may need tweaking due to not enough obscure ships where used in testing but I don't think Gozer is going to lower the difficulty. I learned the hard way myself when the frieghters I was raiding went boom. Now I do this mission without my weapons on auto. Give it time and continue to post requests, things will change. In other posts, Gozer comments that he fixed or is fixing the Erikson bug.

Archived Post 12-10-2010 10:21 AM

Yeah, that happened to me as well. Blowing up Freighters is a bad thing with that mission, even if you already looted the anomolies. That's partially why I made this thread.

Because it really sucks to strive for the 5 emblems and 1 mistake throws off your entire effort and makes you regret that you should've spent your game time spent doing the Eta and Deferi missions, which yeilds more emblems. Or go running around Azlesa collecting anomolies.

Archived Post 12-10-2010 10:27 AM

Well, we could also just give out emblems out left and right

I dont mind there being challenge to the missions.

Archived Post 12-10-2010 10:55 AM

oh the transport mission is bugged i looted 3 of the six ships to complete the first part and got a mission failed i was in a negh'var ship

Archived Post 12-10-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samure
oh the transport mission is bugged i looted 3 of the six ships to complete the first part and got a mission failed i was in a negh'var ship

Are you sure that you didn't just fail the optional part of the mission?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:35 PM.