Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Enemy NPC gropus flagged as friendly? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193458)

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:31 PM

Enemy NPC groups flagged as friendly?
 
I was working on a mission and decided to have a "joint task force" of one Orion Group and One klingon group.

I placed them together on the map and intermingled the actors a bit to look like a large force beaming in.

For some reason the Orion group got flagged as "friendly" to me and started attacking the Klingons!

I tried to switch out the groups but they kept doing it.

Why would Orions be flagged as "friendly" to me as an NPC group?

Anyone else have this happen?

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoben
I was working on a mission and decided to have a "joint task force" of one Orion Group and One klingon group.

I placed them together on the map and intermingled the actors a bit to look like a large force beaming in.

For some reason the Orion group got flagged as "friendly" to me and started attacking the Klingons!

I tried to switch out the groups but they kept doing it.

Why would Orions be flagged as "friendly" to me as an NPC group?

Anyone else have this happen?

Hmm... not sure. An easy work around would be to put in two klingon groups and costume one as orions.

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirkfat (Post 3222978)
Hmm... not sure. An easy work around would be to put in two klingon groups and costume one as orions.

Doable, but painful. :)

On another costume note it would be very nice if they allowed us to change the costume of the Entire group at one shot instead of each individual actor.

I uses some spiders (Thanks krikfat for the tutorial) but MAN did i have to change a lot of costumes when I had 2 groups together.

LOL

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacoben
Doable, but painful. :)

On another costume note it would be very nice if they allowed us to change the costume of the Entire group at one shot instead of each individual actor.

I uses some spiders (Thanks krikfat for the tutorial) but MAN did i have to change a lot of costumes when I had 2 groups together.

LOL

Yeah, it's kind of a pain. But at least you can add some variety to the individual actors. I'm glad that you found the tutorial helpful. Sorry that I can't help you more here.

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:44 PM

From what I've seen, all enemy NPC groups will attack all other enemy NPC groups, as well as the player. I've experimented with mutliple groups in space and on the ground and that always happen. Put them close enough together and they start shooting at each other. Can make for a fun show.

Archived Post 12-13-2010 06:57 PM

I had the same thing... group of Orion and group of Reman.... The Orions were explained away as "another faction" taking advantage... It adds a random component so that the player isn't focus fired and he can use "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing.... but then you can kill them all...

I put a bunch of polish on my mission called "Rescue" and started a second episode....

It was alot easier the second go-around and I'll have it playable soon.... Good Kitty-Kitty....

Archived Post 12-13-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
From what I've seen, all enemy NPC groups will attack all other enemy NPC groups, as well as the player. I've experimented with mutliple groups in space and on the ground and that always happen. Put them close enough together and they start shooting at each other. Can make for a fun show.

Interesting. I guess this makes sense. There are very few natural allegiances between Klingons, Cards, Roms, Borg, etc, so it makes sense that enemy factions would fight each other.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
From what I've seen, all enemy NPC groups will attack all other enemy NPC groups, as well as the player. I've experimented with mutliple groups in space and on the ground and that always happen. Put them close enough together and they start shooting at each other. Can make for a fun show.


Hmm... So I have to keep some distance between them in order to have it work.

I did have them pretty close together and even swapped actors in bewtween groups to make it look like a mixed unit.

Ill try spacing them out.

Thanks.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mygod_itsfullofstars
From what I've seen, all enemy NPC groups will attack all other enemy NPC groups, as well as the player. I've experimented with mutliple groups in space and on the ground and that always happen. Put them close enough together and they start shooting at each other. Can make for a fun show.

Doesn't always happen, no. Romulans and Hirogen, for example, will not fight each other. Or at least didn't when I tried using them.

TOS Klingons will show up on the enemy filter for Klingon side missions, but are not hostile to Klingon players and, I'd imagine, NPCs on the Klingon faction. Though this is most likely a bug with where they show up filter-wise.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 04:52 PM

I have to wonder why not have a simple Friendly/Enemy toggle for NPC groups?

It would certainly add to the story telling if one could have a group of other faction NPC's that were defecting (or some other thing) and that would fight along side you.

I have no programming knowledge at, would this be hard to implement?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:17 PM.