Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Cryptic & Atari don't seem to care to deal with customers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193518)

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:09 AM

Cryptic & Atari don't seem to care to deal with customers

So, this is the first time I've had a really serious "issue" with something, something thats more important to me that mearly preference or feeling. So, I thought, there must be a way to contact Cryptic about these kinds of things.

There is no (obvious?) ways to contact anyone offical about gameplay or item issues (except the pot luck of posting to forums where Cryptic choose to answer only those questions which profit them immidiately).

Getting any kind of "proper" repsonse and path of resolution is just impossible! Unless the entire community is in uproar.

So, as a Customer of the game, I feel completely uncared about and totally ignored.

The short version of my issue is that my main character has not received the unique mission reward [Ophidian Cane] for completing the Devidian series (e.g. Completing Night of the Comet) but I DID complete the series at the time.

My main character qualified for this reward and should have received it. Serial completed all the quests during the mission arc but did not turn in the mission result until recently not receiving the reward.

There was not a clear announcement that this mission reward would be being withdrawn (like there was with the Breen Bridge Officer) and secondly (unlike the Breen Bridge Officer) it cannot be obtained any other way! Thirdly the mission had two possible endings, a correct ending and a nearly correct one (if
not for this I would have the reward as I dropped the request after completion because I didnít want a quest completed imperfectly).

All I want, to resolve this and make me a happy customer again is a way to get the staff ([Ophidian Cane]) I should have received, or unbind it so at least I could buy it from someone. I want to keep enjoying the game and missing this reward when I should have received it is destroying the enjoyment.

I donít mind that there are unique items, I just mind when I should have it and I didnít receive it.

Please come up with a resolution for this.

This is the first time I have a complaint with the way the games gone that is so important to me it effects the future of the game for me (I donít complain much, but when I do, its important to me).

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:32 AM

Actually dstahl posted quite a few times that the cane would be going bye bye with the launch of Season 3.

The requirement was turning in the mission not just completing it on time. There will be a rewind weekend or something down the road dstahl posted about as well that will allow people to get a breen bridge officer or the cane if they missed it.

When is another question.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:41 AM

In response to your concerns....

Dear concerned customer,

After reading your post title I felt you may have had an issue that requires immediate attention. After reading your full post with careful diligence I have concluded that this serious issue you speak of is in fact not that serious. I appreciate your willingness to contact customer support with this issue and have reviewed your concern in full with it being weighed to the games other current serious issues. At the moment unfortunatly this issue is not high on any priority list. We will give this complaint it's due attention once all other game bugs, graphical issues, content inconsistancies, and balance issues are met to the satisfaction of the customer base.

We as a community are sorry you feel this issue takes precedence over the afore mentioned issues we are currently experiencing. Rest assured that once these issues have been met we can then address your problem with the attention it deserves. As you have not stated that this issue was in relation to a bug or faulty game design, but rather lack of player foresight in game play there is nothing we can immediatly do to resolve this issue in the time frame needed to secure your satisfaction.

thank you for your feedback

Yours,

The unsilent majority

(Disclaimer)
<Castogere has no affiliation with Atari or Cryptic studios. Castogere's opinions expressed herein do not reflect that of Cryptic or Atari. While Castogere can sympathise with the OP's concern as Castogere himself has also found himself a victem of said lack of foresight. Castogere does not expect Cryptic to immediatly change the structure of rare bound special items from a episode promo. Common sense would dictate that since the Breen series rewards initially had this expiration of special offers on a promo series, that the following Davidian series would follow the same model of expired opprotunity to secure said offered reward. Castogere also notes the OP's opinion that actual customer service can be difficult to obtain and recommends an alternate approach to the issue at hand. Castogere in no way directly or indirectly is attempting to flame, troll, or cause the vein to pop out of the OP's forehead. Castogere's responses in general should be taken for base comedic value and nothing more is implied. Castogere is just trying to prove a point>

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askray (Post 3223839)
Actually dstahl posted quite a few times that the cane would be going bye bye with the launch of Season 3.

When the Breen Bridge Officer went, there was a post on the launcher saying so. I never saw one for the Cane :(.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askray (Post 3223839)
The requirement was turning in the mission not just completing it on time. There will be a rewind weekend or something down the road dstahl posted about as well that will allow people to get a breen bridge officer or the cane if they missed it.

When is another question.

Please, please, please post the link to that thread? :) please ^_^.

If they do give a second chance then I can forgive all (as long as its not like years away). I had a feeling I should have just turned the mission in even though I hadn't completed it right. I should have listened to my own instincts. Then I never expected the reward to disapear (after all the "Ice Grenade" never did).

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castogere (Post 3223860)
Dear concerned customer,

etc.

Ha, you just proved my point.

Your reply had more care than I've received from either Cryptic or Atari (even if it was sarcastic and facetious).

I never said it to be a "serious" issue, I said 'It is the first time 'I've had a really serious "issue" with the game' (note the quotes around the word issue and that I said it was my own issue).

I just hope you can "enjoy" the same kind of sarcasm when you have something in the game thats causing you issue. Thanks for the post.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoggyDude
When the Breen Bridge Officer went, there was a post on the launcher saying so. I never saw one for the Cane :(.

Please, please, please post the link to that thread? :) please ^_^.

If they do give a second chance then I can forgive all (as long as its not like years away). I had a feeling I should have just turned the mission in even though I hadn't completed it right. I should have listened to my own instincts. Then I never expected the reward to disapear (after all the "Ice Grenade" never did).

They haven't announced the exact date for rewind weekends for Series 1 or Series 2 but they are coming. I imagine they'll do it 2-3 times a year.

And the Ice Grenade wasn't the special reward for the Deferi Series, the Breen BO was, and it disappeared.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3223903)
They haven't announced the exact date for rewind weekends for Series 1 or Series 2 but they are coming. I imagine they'll do it 2-3 times a year.

And the Ice Grenade wasn't the special reward for the Deferi Series, the Breen BO was, and it disappeared.

Yes. Which is fine because the Breen BO is tradable. I have no problems with something stopping being a reward if its tradable.

I think the nearest equivilent, like for like reward to the cane is the Biothermal Dampenenr (since its another bound device)

I would have got the Cane earlier had I appriciated its nature. I spend most of my free time in game so if its not appearing on the launcher feed directly or in game I will miss the news.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Ha, you just proved my point.

Your reply had more care than I've received from either Cryptic or Atari (even if it was sarcastic and facetious).

I never said it to be a "serious" issue, I said 'It is the first time 'I've had a really serious "issue" with the game' (note the quotes around the word issue and that I said it was my own issue).

I just hope you can "enjoy" the same kind of sarcasm when you have something in the game thats causing you issue. Thanks for the post.

I can take it as well as dish it out if thats what you mean. Honestly tho I've seen and felt the evils of this world on a scale most can never imagine. So trust me when I say that there is nothing in this game (short of Cryptic pulling an APB) thats gonna make me throw a fit if you will. To me it's a game like many others I have played before. Certain things are just expected to be imperfect. I play it because it helps the PTSD and I really love the Star Trek series. But nothing to loose sleep over IMO.

It is what it is, i wish you luck in your pursuit for a response.

Cheers.

Archived Post 12-16-2010 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castogere (Post 3223941)
Honestly tho I've seen and felt the evils of this world on a scale most can never imagine. So trust me when I say that there is nothing in this game (short of Cryptic pulling an APB) thats gonna make me throw a fit if you will. To me it's a game like many others I have played before. Certain things are just expected to be imperfect. I play it because it helps the PTSD and I really love the Star Trek series. But nothing to loose sleep over IMO.

I am sorry to hear you have had such bad experiences of the world :(. I sympathise (I have only "heard" of those things myself, I feel lucky).

I've been very happy to date with the way things have played out with STO. This issue matters to me personally because of the way I missed out on the staff and I am most annoyed with myself in some ways (since I could have compromised and just turned in the mission when it was done with killing the ship and replayed it right on another character but I didn't).

However, what lead to this post was the games masters failing to appriciate this matters to me as a player or to care in any way. For instance, pointing out the rewind weekend would have been good. Even if they where just to say, "I'm sorry but we are really busy with the new release but we have made a note of your issue and intend to look at it again in the future" would have been nice even if a week later they said it was a no go (though not just as an automated reply. I have had many automated replys and for alot of my bug reports I though, hey.. they will get to it. On this one, I feel uncared for as a player).

Quote:

Originally Posted by castogere (Post 3223941)
It is what it is, i wish you luck in your pursuit for a response. Cheers.

Thanks for that.

Also thanks for responding, even an adversarial response is better than an uncaring one :).

Archived Post 12-16-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

So, this is the first time I've had a really serious "issue" with something, something thats more important to me that mearly preference or feeling. So, I thought, there must be a way to contact Cryptic about these kinds of things.

There is no (obvious?) ways to contact anyone offical about gameplay or item issues (except the pot luck of posting to forums where Cryptic choose to answer only those questions which profit them immidiately).

Getting any kind of "proper" repsonse and path of resolution is just impossible! Unless the entire community is in uproar.

So, as a Customer of the game, I feel completely uncared about and totally ignored.

The short version of my issue is that my main character has not received the unique mission reward [Ophidian Cane] for completing the Devidian series (e.g. Completing Night of the Comet) but I DID complete the series at the time.

My main character qualified for this reward and should have received it. Serial completed all the quests during the mission arc but did not turn in the mission result until recently not receiving the reward.

There was not a clear announcement that this mission reward would be being withdrawn (like there was with the Breen Bridge Officer) and secondly (unlike the Breen Bridge Officer) it cannot be obtained any other way! Thirdly the mission had two possible endings, a correct ending and a nearly correct one (if
not for this I would have the reward as I dropped the request after completion because I didnít want a quest completed imperfectly).

All I want, to resolve this and make me a happy customer again is a way to get the staff ([Ophidian Cane]) I should have received, or unbind it so at least I could buy it from someone. I want to keep enjoying the game and missing this reward when I should have received it is destroying the enjoyment.

I donít mind that there are unique items, I just mind when I should have it and I didnít receive it.

Please come up with a resolution for this.

This is the first time I have a complaint with the way the games gone that is so important to me it effects the future of the game for me (I donít complain much, but when I do, its important to me).

Dude, trust me the Cane STINKS. If I could I would give you one of the thirteen I have, especially the ones my Klingons have. Stupid thing only works with that transphasic barrier thinggy, so it consumes two of your toons four device slots. It summons Starfleet personel, even to your Klingon so then you are fighting a two front battle. And you do not want to use it vs the Breen as I recall they use polaron weapons and that dumb walking stick makes you 400% more susceptible to polaron damage. Freaking stupid stick. Had I known that it was the special and not the phaser or disruptor I would not have made it a priority to finish the Devidian missions. DUMB staff of dumbness. Sorry Cryptic just calling it as I see it. Devidian missions=great, season three=great. Walking stick of Kalima=carp!