Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Costomizable enemy stats, more function on costume createor? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193521)

Archived Post 12-14-2010 05:24 AM

Costomizable enemy stats, more function on costume createor?

What I want to know is this:

I didn't see them in the roadmap, but is there any way we will be able to customize enemy stats (For the purposes of making a scene where you take out an important character with 1 shot), or add more functionality to the costume creator (Say, if I wanted to make my costume-created chars. shorter)?

Archived Post 12-14-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan844 (Post 3223828)
...is there any way we will be able to customize enemy stats (For the purposes of making a scene where you take out an important character with 1 shot)

As far as I know, this isn't possible and perhaps will never be possible, especially since it's could be highly exploitable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spartan844 (Post 3223828)
...add more functionality to the costume creator (Say, if I wanted to make my costume-created chars. shorter)?

I think this feature however, is just a matter of time.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

As far as I know, this isn't possible and perhaps will never be possible, especially since it's could be highly exploitable.
Couldn't they just avoid the exploitable nature by removing skill point and item drop chances from NPCs customized this way?

Archived Post 12-14-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3224522)
Couldn't they just avoid the exploitable nature by removing skill point and item drop chances from NPCs customized this way?

Perhaps they could, but if Foundry missions grant an end-of-mission XP/loot reward, removing skill point and item drop chances from NPCs customized this way may still leave some exploits uncovered.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 04:49 PM

I'm going to have to agree with LordOfPit here.

This is definitely something which could be exploited, and there for likely won't make it in. That said, more tools to customize NPCs may well show up later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post 12-14-2010 06:22 PM

Personally, i just want to be able to place a Dreadnought group, so i can have a space boss fight.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 06:39 PM

This isn't exploitable if you only make it possible to increase stats from a base value allowing people to increase the challenge for various mobs if say they want to make an STF style mission

Archived Post 12-14-2010 06:42 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't mind the ability to make some mobs a bit tougher, so we can create our own boss type encounters.

Archived Post 12-14-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormShade
I'm going to have to agree with LordOfPit here.

This is definitely something which could be exploited, and there for likely won't make it in. That said, more tools to customize NPCs may well show up later on down the road.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Well, how about an option to simply add special powers to NPCs, rather than take away. So, provided they are must-kill enemies, you can know exactly what the players are fighting.

(For example, a group of Borg infected bops, all of them with beam overload 3 and tractor beam, could be an interesting mini-boss - and the code would KNOW you're fighting X bops at least, and that they're of at least X difficulty)

Archived Post 12-14-2010 08:22 PM

Overall, I just want more mob flexibility than we currently have, it just seems extremely limited.

After a certain point in the lifespan of the foundry, I could see missions getting stale due to this inflexibility and the market just getting flooded with missions that while the stories may be different, the overall feel will start to grow stale and mundane after awhile.

At any rate, love the foundry, It will make a great addition to this game, but I do have some concerns about how long the foundry will exactly keep people busy for the long term without more flexibility when it comes to customizability of mobs / NPCs.