Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Foundry question (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=193684)

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:51 AM

Foundry question

Does anyone know how long the Foundry is going to just remain on the test server and when it'll be transferred over to the main server?

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:53 AM

Cryptic hasn't said yet. I'm sure when they're ready to move it to live there will be a big announcement. :)

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:55 AM

There is no scheduled date. According to the Devs, it will remain on Tribble until its "ready". From my personal testing experience, I think the current mechanics are pretty good and really wont be improved that much. The only thing most people are wanting at this point is more options, more abilities to do this and that. But as far as it actually working like its supposed to, I havent encountered any major bugs since the most recent update.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3226428)
Cryptic hasn't said yet. I'm sure when they're ready to move it to live there will be a big announcement. :)

I hope it's soon, what I like is how it was mentioned in the Genesis update, and yet, much like the Gorn customization stuff, it's not actually there.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashki
I hope it's soon, what I like is how it was mentioned in the Genesis update, and yet, much like the Gorn customization stuff, it's not actually there.

What most people dont seem to "get" is that Season 3(aka Genesis) lasts UNTIL Season 4. The Devs never said the Foundry would go live on the first day of Season 3, they just said it would go live IN Season 3.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3226435)
What most people dont seem to "get" is that Season 3(aka Genesis) lasts UNTIL Season 4. The Devs never said the Foundry would go live on the first day of Season 3, they just said it would go live IN Season 3.

That's just great, for all we know, it could take the rest of the year for that stuff to get added in.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashki
That's just great, for all we know, it could take the rest of the year for that stuff to get added in.

"The rest of the year" is only 16 days.

Archived Post 12-15-2010 09:00 AM

Have the Devs indicated what is being worked on exactly to allow The Foundry to go live? Are there specific issues with it?

Archived Post 12-15-2010 09:00 AM

In fact they said there was all the likelihood that the Foundry wouldn't drop until a month or so after the initial drop of Season 3. I would say this is born out by the feedback that is coming down the Foundry forum. I still have crash bugs when I'm using it, lemme tell you deleting a map then deleting objects that were on that map,
the editor don't like that so much :)

Archived Post 12-15-2010 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus (Post 3226444)
"The rest of the year" is only 16 days.

Okay, it could take all of next year. Happy?