Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Questions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194194)

Archived Post 12-19-2010 11:25 AM

Questions
 
Hi guys. Came back to this game and very pleased to see all the changes. I do have some questions though.

I never realized the amazing power of the engines you get from "Past Imperfect"! This is a great find and I'm wondering if there are other items, things that the community (mostly) agrees is far superior to something else.

Also, wondering if the community at large agrees on an away team set up? I understand poloron weapons were prefered until season 3? Was that for space or ground?

My away team set up is 2 science (1 exploit, 1 healer), 1 security and 1 engineer. I often find myself wondering why I have each equipped with different weapons when the sniper rifle seems to be the fastest way to kill bad guys.

While I understand the game mechanics and such, I'm looking for advice, I suppose on certain traits and weapons that the community considers far and away better then the usual.

I don't want to see this devolve into what kind of character I'm playing with and style of play.

Archived Post 12-19-2010 11:27 AM

Also, I'm wondering what the benefits are to the daily missions in Deferi space?

Archived Post 12-19-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse3581 (Post 3234208)
I never realized the amazing power of the engines you get from "Past Imperfect"! This is a great find and I'm wondering if there are other items, things that the community (mostly) agrees is far superior to something else.

The Efficient Engines are one of the best, and most unique, things in the game. There's new Crafting sets coming out: AEGIS being the first set coming out any day now, with more on the horizon. There's not a lot of really great in-game special items like those engines, though.

Quote:

My away team set up is 2 science (1 exploit, 1 healer), 1 security and 1 engineer. I often find myself wondering why I have each equipped with different weapons when the sniper rifle seems to be the fastest way to kill bad guys.
I use the same set-up you do. I give my Engineer and 1 Science officer an Expose weapon. The rest use Exploit weapons. All the Exploits tend to give me a lot of vaporize chances. My captain usually carries one split-beam and one sniper rifle.

Archived Post 12-19-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse3581 (Post 3234211)
Also, I'm wondering what the benefits are to the daily missions in Deferi space?

If you're below VA they're a nice source of XP. If you're VA they're a nice way, other then grinding B'tran, to earn your emblems. Between B'tran, Defari, and Eta Eridani you can earn a dozen, or more, Emblems a day. Throw in the PvP dailies too and you're coming close to 20 a day.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 AM.