Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   More Customisation (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194298)

Archived Post 12-20-2010 10:32 AM

More Customisation

I love the amount of Customisation in the game.
Please post any ideas you have on improvements or ideas, remember no idea is a bad idea until theres an oppinion behind it!

Id love to see as an extra is the choice to choose your own Engineering Layout much like the Bridge.
Id also love to chhose my ships Red Alert sound, for example Voyager and the Defiant had 2 very differnet alarm settings

Archived Post 12-20-2010 10:35 AM

My sig has a good thread on Customization.

Archived Post 12-20-2010 11:46 AM

What i would like to see is a little more variety in faces during character creation. i mean i think its awesome the customization there already, but if we could choose between half a dozen template faces - all different - rather than always the same one, that would increase facial variety of human-like characters in the game. It would work for npcs too.

Archived Post 12-20-2010 11:50 AM

KDF would appreciate getting some love.
I know the Gorn revamp is due for release soon, but please don't stop there. :3

It would also be cool if we could set "moods" for our characters like in CO. :]

Archived Post 12-20-2010 12:51 PM

I'd like to see more hand options. Currently, other than the Caitian hands, we don't really have many race-specific hands. Some aliens I recall having very unusual digit arrangements (Benzites, for example), and every time I see the Yridian in DS9 with his all-too-human hands, it kinda makes me wanna strangle him.
Plus, with the Alien Gen, all we get are hands, clawed hands, and.... monster hands, I guess. It's be nice to have more.

I think it'd also be neat if certain consoles had neat little GFX to go with them. Like, the various armor consoles could create thickened armored bulkheads on your starship, the tac consoles could change the look of the emanation points, et cetra. Just a thought, though I understand it'd be quite the undertaking, lol.

I'd also like if we could customize our tricorders a bit, though honestly, I feel that the tricorder mechanic could stand a complete in-game overhaul. But at the moment, I think it'd be neat if we could attach various nodes and arrays onto our tricorder to boost their scanning ability or to mayhaps give us subtle bonuses.

Archived Post 12-20-2010 12:59 PM

Archived Post 12-20-2010 01:06 PM

Honestly the most needed customization that needs to be added, besides some more KDF customization updates for other races besides the Gorn, is more face templates (as has been mentioned before). These are definitely needed since there are only 2 types of faces to choose from (so most npcs and players end up looking similar, regardless of their body size or color) and the costumes for KDF are very limited.

Archived Post 12-20-2010 01:09 PM

Archived Post 12-20-2010 01:19 PM

I second the vote for different hands - and maybe different feet as well.

I'd also like a second (or third, fourth, etc.) costume slot for my bridge officers (and maybe drop-down boxes that let me select what uniform they'll wear before beaming down to a ground mission) - that way if we go back in time, I can put my away team in the appropriate uniforms. Or if it's a diplomatic mission, we can all beam down in dress uniforms.

While it's not integral to the game, it certainly makes sense to change uniforms depending on the mission.

Archived Post 12-20-2010 01:54 PM

More boot options for Orions?

Be nice to have non armored boots for Orion Women. And I sign on with off duty uniforms for the KDF, and a bit more options for intermixing their uniforms.