Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Bug: Wrong NPC ship spawns on map (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194639)

Archived Post 12-22-2010 06:32 PM

Bug: Wrong NPC ship spawns on map

I'm working on a mission where you have to talk to an NPC ship in space. It worked fine yesterday. Today, no matter what ship i want to spawn the "Generic Cruiser" ship shows up. I've tried new maps, I've tried a new mission. I've even restarted the foundry. No luck.

Archived Post 12-22-2010 06:35 PM

npc groups work fine though

Archived Post 12-22-2010 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babakadouche (Post 3240666)
I'm working on a mission where you have to talk to an NPC ship in space. It worked fine yesterday. Today, no matter what ship i want to spawn the "Generic Cruiser" ship shows up. I've tried new maps, I've tried a new mission. I've even restarted the foundry. No luck.

Same thing just happened to me:

Played earlier this afternoon before the patch and things were fine - I put a Nebula class ship in my mission and it looked great.

After the latest patch 12/22 now, instead of a Nebula, a generic ship shows up instead. I've tried going in to editor again and nothing is wrong, it lists Nebula as the costume. But preview map mode showed a generic ship still.

Archived Post 12-22-2010 07:51 PM

glad its not just me

Archived Post 12-23-2010 03:44 AM

It is happening on missions that have already been published as well. I played a couple of other people's missions and noticed it, so I went through one of mine. It was the same way.

Even some of my ground costumes have changed to a the default alien guy.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 06:22 AM

Ran through my own mission (published weeks ago) real quick to check this out - confirmed. All my space npcs (non-combat) had defaulted to something like "Alien Ship - Disruptor." Ground npcs were fine.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 07:33 AM

I can confirm this too.

I was creating a nice ground map the last hours, for an edit to my mission. A few minutes ago i play-tested an earlier space part, and was like... :eek: All of the sudden my Ferengi Contact has changed to an Alien ship model. I think its related to the last Tribble Update. I hope people dont think that i dont know how a Ferengi ship looks like now, cause this mission is already published and the Ferengi ship is a major part in it.

But i am glad in a way that its not only the Ferengi ship model.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 07:47 AM

It's happening with my missions also. I have a three part mission about a new Dominion war. In it I have Jem'Hadar ships attacking, but since there's no NPC enemy groups of Jem"Hadar ships, I had to use Tru Way ships and costume them as Jem'Hadar. After the update they are now showing up as the original Tru Way ships. I also have a mission where I have a Borg Sphere being attacked by other Borg ships. To make this happen I chose a Federation Cruiser and costumed it as a Borg Sphere so the other Borg would attack it. After the update it only shows up as the Fed Cruiser. I hope this gets fixed soon, all my missions use ship costumes!

Archived Post 12-23-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denroz (Post 3241440)
I hope this gets fixed soon, all my missions use ship costumes!

Probably not, with Christmas now. I heard someone say in the chat that they had done their last update until 2011 yesterday.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 11:27 AM

Same here.... i created an Akira Class Cruiser and i get an Alien Cruiser. I tested it on a map with different
kind of ships. Excelsior, Galaxy, Defiant, etc etc. All ships are Alien Cruiser. :eek: