Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Guramba Siege Destroyer ...wtf? 2000 C-Points?! is there at least a free ingame way? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194730)

Archived Post 12-23-2010 12:51 PM

Guramba Siege Destroyer ...wtf? 2000 C-Points?! is there at least a free ingame way?

Just looked into the C-Store and now i have 2 questions:

1: is there ANY justification or explenation for the uber greedy 2000 CP Pricetag?
(it is not a Canon ship like the Galaxy-X and it is not a Ship from the "Refer A Friend" program, so how is this justified, please ? because it's christmas? because it has some moving parts? because it has an uber cannon ? )

2: is there at least a way to get it for fee in the game? like the Nebula Class for 500 Marks of X?

I don't see that info on the C-Store or in the News postings,
so excuse me for not stalking the Dev postings for that one.

Bonus Question: are people actually crazy enough to buy non-canon ships for that price? I can understand that Trek Nerds (like me) are crazy enough to do anything for a Galaxy-X or an Excelsior replica, but for this Guramba thingy?

Archived Post 12-23-2010 12:54 PM

The Klingons have to fund the war effort somehow

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:01 PM

Klingons want equality with Feds.

You're one step closer: You have a C-Store ship for 2,000CP with a uber-laser. Yay for equality!

Wait, lemme guess.. you wanna be equal in all ways except the C-Store prices? :)

In all seriousness, I am sure the pricetag is somewhat related to the amount of development time it took, compared to the others, it was a much more "expensive" ship to create (more time and resources)

Look at it this way; Wait for the next C-Store sale when it will be eligible, and it'll be 20% off too - Just $20. :)

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Klingons want equality with Feds.

You're one step closer: You have a C-Store ship for 2,000CP with a uber-laser. Yay for equality!

that means i do get the ship for free because i actually invited 5 friends to STO?

no?

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:17 PM

Invite 5 more, I am sure Cryptic will work with you.

I would support you being able to TRADE your Galaxy X for it, and it being a choice for future referrers, but beyond that, the cries fall on deaf ears as far as I am concerned.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:25 PM

i'm realy just wondering if they are serious.

i mean they have to know that this kinda sh*t drives customers away instead of binding them to the game.

and yes i actually had to explain to some guys that you do not have to buy all the ships in the c-store because some of them are free in the game and others are just skins.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:30 PM

The new Destroyer mirrors the Galaxy-X as far as the ship is concerned. It's not a retrofit like the others, it's a specialized ship. All the Retrofits are 1200 CP (Excelsior, Nebula, B'Rel.... etc.)

The Specialized ships like the Galaxy-X and the Destroyer are 2000 CP. The only difference between the two is you can get the Galaxy-X via the referral program, where as the Destroyer you can't.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG (Post 3242161)
i'm realy just wondering if they are serious.

i mean they have to know that this kinda sh*t drives customers away instead of binding them to the game.

and yes i actually had to explain to some guys that you do not have to buy all the ships in the c-store because some of them are free in the game and others are just skins.

Actually, I don't think it does (ie drie people away). The Galaxy-X was one of the most profitable items on the C-Store. yes, there's a LOT of complaining/whining on the forums (but remember less then 10% of folks that sub to STO even read the forums - confirmed bt Stormshade) ; so, in the end, the bottom line is how well the item sells overall, and the Gal-X and Excelsior have sold VERY well for them.

Given though, that it does seem to be the KDF version of the Gal-X; they should probably add it as an available reward choice of the 'Refer 5 nfriends' program.

But, I have a feeling it will probably sell well in the long run, much like the Gal-X has.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahn (Post 3242166)
The new Destroyer mirrors the Galaxy-X as far as the ship is concerned. It's not a retrofit like the others, it's a specialized ship. All the Retrofits are 1200 CP (Excelsior, Nebula, B'Rel.... etc.)

The Specialized ships like the Galaxy-X and the Destroyer are 2000 CP. The only difference between the two is you can get the Galaxy-X via the referral program, where as the Destroyer you can't.

the gorn and orion ships new ships and are 1200 and available in game for free. this ship is most like them.

if its meant to mirror the galaxy x then add it to the referral program.

Archived Post 12-23-2010 01:52 PM

the Galaxy-X pricetag was only accepted as so high because people understood that Cryptic wanted to keep the benefit of the RAF program high enough to participate. (how did that work out btw.? anybody still tryig to get REF keys out there?)

Also as i said, the Excelsior and Galaxy-X are iconic canon Star Trek Ships that every Trek Nerd would sell his Grandmother for.

What is the Guramba thingy? another random non-canon bunch of polygons and textures.

Also why would i shell out 2000 CP for a Ship if i dont even know if i will like it?
What if it sux? I can't even test drive the stupid thing!

...this all is highly illogical and nothing but greedy.

And yet one more reason NOT to play Klingon side, at least not as a Nausicaan.