Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Wander broken - enemies don't move (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=194866)

Archived Post 12-24-2010 10:29 AM

Wander broken - enemies don't move

The enemy ships I've put on my maps do not seem to be moving any more. They all have wander set to True and were working fine before the last patch (Dec 22) that fixed the ground character idle animations.

But now the ships I've placed on space maps don't wander. I haven't got any ground NPCs set to wander so I don't know if that's broken too.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 11:27 AM

Are you checking this before or after publishing?

Archived Post 12-27-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
Are you checking this before or after publishing?

After publishing. I had to manually republish my mission to see the fixes for the chat animations. Those are now working, but the ships no longer wander any more.

Archived Post 12-30-2010 07:38 PM

Latest - I withdrew one of my missions completely while I added a new respawn point and then republished it again and tested the republished live version and the ships still do not wander.

So both of my live published missions do not have working wandering ships, whereas they worked fine before that patch that broke ship costumes and fixed the animations. Republishing has no effect. :(

Archived Post 12-31-2010 12:51 PM

Which of your missions is this, please?

It's working fine for me, but I am testing on a slightly newer build than y'all are testing on.

Archived Post 12-31-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Which of your missions is this, please?

It's working fine for me, but I am testing on a slightly newer build than y'all are testing on.

Both of the ones in my signature. They used to have moving ships but they don't move any more. I have seen other people posting that brand new missions they make seem to have wander working, but I have no intention of scrapping my existing stuff and re-making it so that it has working stuff.

I'm just hoping that it all works on a newer build. But I've gone into tribble on the current build, played through both of my missions and they both have static NPC ship groups, even though they have wander enabled and have been republished multiple times since the last patch.

Quote:

Note: You will need to manually republish your missions to see the fix for wander not working appropriately. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allerka (Post 3249010)
Did that. Still doesn't work. I think it's part of my mission, though. If I make a new mission and set up wander, it seems to work fine. I guess I'll have to re-do mine from scratch.

Archived Post 01-01-2011 03:21 PM

I can second this. I had wandering working in "The Longing", and then it suddenly broke (with the Dec 22 patch, I believe). This afflicts both ground and space enemy groups.

Regards,
Rachel

Archived Post 01-03-2011 01:38 PM

Perhaps you could advise me on a related problem. I'm trying to pack a room full of starfleet crew who are wandering all over the place - sociallizing and partying. I set five mobs of starfleet ensigns in the room. Then, I set wander to true, wander weight all the way up and wander distance to max. Nobody moves anywhere, even after publish.

Is this something I'm doing wrong, that I can fix or is it something wrong with the Foundry that I cannot?

Many thanks in advance,

EB

Archived Post 01-04-2011 11:39 AM

Ebeyer, that does sound like a bug. Have you tried fiddling with the values at all? Maybe set path nodes to 2?

What's the name of your mission?

Thanks!

Archived Post 01-04-2011 01:17 PM

same for me, this is happening with ships as well as ground npcs