Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Video: The Longing - Trailer (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195075)

Archived Post 12-26-2010 01:53 PM

Video: The Longing - Trailer
 
Merry Xmas everyone!

Thanks for the ton of support you guys and gals have given me to make "The Longing" constantly better.

Since tonight I had a bit of free time on my hands, I made a little "testimonial" trailer for the mission. I hope you like it:

Link to Vimeo HD Video
Backup link to YouTube

Thanks again for the kind reviews. The mission was just a sandbox for me to play with all the Foundry features. I'm really glad it turned out so likable.

Best regards,
Rachel

P.S.: Has someone managed to get demorecord/demoplay to work with the Foundry? Didn't work for me. I had to to all camera moves free hand with the UI disabled. So please excuse the shaky cam.

Archived Post 12-26-2010 04:27 PM

I loved the quotes from people!

Archived Post 12-26-2010 04:38 PM

i didn't even know you could use a recording function in- game.

I have tried fraps, but it kills my framerate on the ground, tried xfire, but it doesnt work at all on tribble, and was gonna try wegame, but ran out of time

Archived Post 12-26-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelGarrett (Post 3246295)
P.S.: Has someone managed to get demorecord/demoplay to work with the Foundry? Didn't work for me. I had to to all camera moves free hand with the UI disabled. So please excuse the shaky cam.

Nah, it's not hooked up yet. I can't get it to work either. You'd think it would work anyway because it's built into the engine, but I guess not. I hope they can get something done soon, I'd love to start using it to record stuff for my machinima series. :D

Archived Post 12-26-2010 06:44 PM

Hey RG,

would you post this to the blog? It's neat.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 12:43 AM

Can I use my UGCWiki account to log in to the blog?

Regards,
Rachel

Edit: Now I see. Have used the blog's online form to become a contributor.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 12:49 AM

badass trailer. been wanting to play this ever since i heard about it (just waiting for it to go live on holodeck).

Archived Post 12-27-2010 01:08 AM

Thanks for the mention, Rachel! First time I've ever seen my name "in lights"!

The video is AWESOME as well!

(Now I need to go replay the mission!)

Archived Post 12-27-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr1983 (Post 3246920)
badass trailer. been wanting to play this ever since i heard about it (just waiting for it to go live on holodeck).

You know, that Cryptic does not have a feature in production that would allow us to transfer Tribble missions to Holodeck. So I might never be able to accurately recreate the mission on Holodeck (but of course, I will try).

Regards,
Rachel

Archived Post 12-27-2010 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelGarrett (Post 3246986)
You know, that Cryptic does not have a feature in production that would allow us to transfer Tribble missions to Holodeck. So I might never be able to accurately recreate the mission on Holodeck (but of course, I will try).

Regards,
Rachel

It's not too difficult but I actually recreated two of my missions from RedShirt on Tribble ("Drawing Proof" and "Bull-dog Days").

The key is that coordinate placement, contact/item names, map names, background names, and your story window need to be copied (I used Notepad on Windows).


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:38 PM.