Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Facility UY-184 Patrol a little over the top. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195100)

Archived Post 12-26-2010 05:06 PM

Facility UY-184 Patrol a little over the top.
 
I am really ticked off, this patrol shouldn't be like fighting in an STF...... It's titled "Facility UY-184"

Even with using security team I get outnumbered 2 to 1 on the last group.... they spam knock back and it's darn near impossible... I gave up after about 5 or 6 go's at the last group. They just absolutely mop the floor with me. I am using top tier mostly purple with some blue weapons and armor crafted just recently with the crafting updates. I also built the away team specifically for ground combat following guidelines from two STOKED episodes, the one about "the perfect away team" and the other that has the "mathed" segment about ranged weapons. The team is pretty stout and I could handle just about anything... rather too easily up until this one.

This one needs to get nuked or tweaked. It's not fun and I know it's not right. If the map/mobs were right, I would "almost" win and I would be wanting to go back for some more until I figured it out and beat the mission. This is not almost winning, it's getting decimated.

Archived Post 12-26-2010 08:24 PM

Ahh A abandoned research station fight. I enjoy those.

Archived Post 12-26-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biglcny (Post 3246575)
This one needs to get nuked or tweaked. It's not fun and I know it's not right. If the map/mobs were right, I would "almost" win and I would be wanting to go back for some more until I figured it out and beat the mission. This is not almost winning, it's getting decimated.

Just a little nitpick.
If your team gets decimated, you only loose 1/10th of your team. :)

Archived Post 12-26-2010 10:14 PM

you can call more security teams by using the tactical initiative power to reset the timer. I've been in fights where I've called in 5 or 6 teams. I'm not saying I never lose doing that, but it decreases my chances of losing. Also try focusing fire on the strongest NPC in the group.

Archived Post 12-26-2010 10:18 PM

1. Two science officers spec'd for healing, Two engineering officers spec'd for turrets and support.
2. Order them to attack the healers first, if applicable
3. Walk away, make a cup of tea (earl grey, hot)
4. ????
5. Profit.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlyto (Post 3246815)
1. Two science officers spec'd for healing, Two engineering officers spec'd for turrets and support.
2. Order them to attack the healers first, if applicable
3. Walk away, make a cup of tea (earl grey, hot)
4. ????
5. Profit.

Too many steps.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 02:11 AM

since im a tac, i keep 3 healers and a engineer on my away team, all with some resit buffing abilities to use in myself ofc, never have an issue. focus fire weakest (biggest threat or closest) and pick them off one by one thats what i do.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 04:27 AM

Some of the exploration missions has bugged NPC's and Cryptic knows about it, but because there are several thousand maps in exploration they can't go through them all.

They have said that we should report any map that has bugged NPC's that one shoot you so that they can have the map removed from the game. They have also said that they won't fix those maps because they are going to re-design the entire exploration part of the game.

Archived Post 12-27-2010 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH (Post 3246811)
you can call more security teams by using the tactical initiative power to reset the timer. I've been in fights where I've called in 5 or 6 teams. I'm not saying I never lose doing that, but it decreases my chances of losing.


I don't know why I never put those two together... I want to try that now.

Archived Post 12-28-2010 01:40 AM

You need 4 engineers with noting but turrets, send them in and watch the BBQ


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.