Beaming Without An Away Team
In a mission I am working on a Klingon science officer requests the Federation captain to beam him aboard for an important discussion.
When I tell the B/O to beam him to my Ready Room I go from my ship to a bridge map. The system sees that as 'leaving the ship' so it automatically sends an away team with me.
Will there be a way for people to select 'None' for away-team members for such situations? I can also imagine scenarios where you might want to beam to a planet or another vessel alone. You can always call for reinforcements if you need them.
You should also have the ability to send your away team back if the situation warrants it.
there is a bug in the system where your away team on your tribble chatacter can essentially be sent away.
here is how to trigger it:
- delete your tribble toon.
- on holodeck, go do a misison that requires only 1 bridge officer. enter the ground map.
- you may leave now if you wish.
- Resync your captain to tribble.
- Every time you go on the ground, the one Bridge officer that you selected will beam down with you. thats the ONLY bridge officer you can get on the gorund in tribble until you resync your captain with the full away team compleement.
however other ways to do it without purposefully trigger this bug do not exist.
as far as i have seen- for any mission, you need a minimum of 1 bridge officer on your away team- and that limitation is on holodeck too
Put your spawn point into a very tight corner of the map... when you beam in your BO's will fall through space leaving you there by yourself... there is a tutorial on the big list for this and I couldn't make it work on ground maps... but I had success with a Klingon Bridge Map... This requires a lot of trial and error to get placed Exactly Right but does work.
Yep, the 'spawn-in-a-corner' hack is the best way I've found to get a one person away team for now.
See a video tutorial here for a better guide
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:23 AM.|