Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   RA mission- Cage Of Fire (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195878)

Archived Post 01-02-2011 03:19 PM

RA mission- Cage Of Fire

I just completed this mission today and I have to say its not a bad mission at all. My problem that I encountered with the mission is that my bridge officers seem to have lost their minds during the entirety of it lol!

The mission takes place in the fire caves and my bridge officers seem to want to spaz out and run off the edge into the lava. They even all ran off the edge together one time! While frustrating, it reminded me of the movie Ice Age where all the birds ran off the side of the cliff chasing "the last melon".

Seriously though I had to closely moniter their movements as they constantly became stuck behind walls, on the sides of the rail walkways, and sometimes when following me, they would try to run though the railing and end up plummeting to their death in the lava. Even when I used the "go here" arrow to a specific point on the ground, they would try to run there and sometimes they made it.. but most times they just spazzed out and ran off the ledge.

The only way to get the bridge officer(s) back is to jump into the lava myself, die, then respawn to recover them. I know the bridge officer AI isn't supposed to be this suicidal but it was funny to watch sometimes.

Usually my bridge officers are not this spazzy and most of the time they keep up with me pretty well. I also observed some of the Cardassians in the mission run off the ledge to but somehow they were able to jump back up on the ground and start fighting. Does anyone else have bridge officer suicides during this mission or at all? If so.. does anyone know of a "work around" to avoid needless bridge officer deaths?

Other than this... its a good mission lol.

Archived Post 01-02-2011 03:45 PM

This particular map can be challenging for BO control but can be done... I use this map in 2 of my foundry missions so I've been through it many times lately.

The idea is to move them in straight lines from point to point and keep them in position during combat. While you may feel frustrated... you will come to appreciate your new understanding of how and when to control your BO's movements and it will serve you well in the future...

My Breen BO just runs straight into the lava if I don't keep him on the Straight and Narrow Path... it's kinda funny really..

Don't despair... it's a teaching moment and be glad you made it through relatively unscathed.

Archived Post 01-02-2011 08:37 PM

Ah, that bug! I remember it (no so) fondly!

I'm normally diametrically opposed to Napoleon, but he's right! You'll have to manually guide them.

When I last did that mission when I was a fresh off the starship newbie, I didn't really know how to properly move my team. So I just crawled through the map slowly, making sure they didn't get caught up in railings and stuff like that. Good times. :-)

Archived Post 01-02-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
Ah, that bug! I remember it (no so) fondly!

I'm normally diametrically opposed to Napoleon, but he's right! You'll have to manually guide them.

When I last did that mission when I was a fresh off the starship newbie, I didn't really know how to properly move my team. So I just crawled through the map slowly, making sure they didn't get caught up in railings and stuff like that. Good times. :-)

I appreciate the advice from the both of you! Whenever I come across trouble with my bridge officer pathing I do tend to micro manage thier movements, but it just didnt seem to help today. Perhaps I need to have them move only a few feet at a time before giving them their next move command. I will definatley practice with it though!

Archived Post 01-03-2011 08:32 PM

I lost at least one officer to the fire pits each time I played it... I just though of it as an added challenge, completing the mission with only two or three BOs by the end.

You can knock the Cardassians into the fire pits, too, for extra fun.

Archived Post 01-15-2011 11:53 PM

Just ran this, and remembered the bug after tow of my BO's ran into lava. Not that big a deal, got to last portal before boss and it wouldn't open, stuck, no update. I can get into the final room for the boss fight. guess i am gonna port out and start over.