Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   C-Store Purchase Bug - Player's punished? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195900)

Archived Post 01-02-2011 07:15 PM

C-Store Purchase Bug - Player's punished?

Today, I went to purchase the TMP Uniforms from the C-Store and somehow ended up with a Pet Sehlat.

I filed a ticket and GMs promptly replied that it was my fault and all sales were final. :(

I just don't understand why Customer Support won't work with the players in fixing such problems.

Archived Post 01-02-2011 09:16 PM

Mistake or no mistake, this message is very clear to all at the bottom of the C-Store page http://www.startrekonline.com/store - PLEASE NOTE: All purchases made with Cryptic Points are non-refundable.

Digital products of pretty much any kind are operated no differently. All i can suggest in the future is you be much careful next time. A similar issue like this happened to me on Need For Speed World, and nothing could be done. At least with the C-Store you do have a confirmation (yes/no) box after you first click. NFSW has their in game items dotted all over the screen so one accidental click and a purchase is made.

Now, you wanted a uniform but got a pet instead...how exactly did that happen? :p

Archived Post 01-02-2011 10:30 PM

I did read it thank you very much. It said one thing, and I got another. So if that's my fault, then I must've had a memory loss of a few seconds or Cryptic's servers flubbed up.

Other people had this happen as well, but instead we get the response it's our fault and the customer is not always right.

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3259799)
I did read it thank you very much. It said one thing, and I got another. So if that's my fault, then I must've had a memory loss of a few seconds or Cryptic's servers flubbed up.

Other people had this happen as well, but instead we get the response it's our fault and the customer is not always right.

Problem with this is that someone can buy an item in the C-Store use it, figure they don't like it, and then tell Cryptic it was a mistake and didn't want it. If that's the case I want a refund for my Galaxy X

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:26 AM

I bought the TMP uniforms and didn't receive the giant rat looking thing. All I got wes the TMP uniforms.

Archived Post 01-03-2011 06:36 AM

Yep got TMP uniforms no problem.

While I can understand your frustration, this is one of those things that I agree with CS, and other people on here.

If we can play the whole "I accidently clicked on it" can I refund the Galaxy X as well XD

Now heres the kick though -- IF you clicked on the TMP uniforms and it took 240 out of your c-store credits and only gave you the cat, then you'd have something to possibly (albeit a remote chance) to stand on.

And BTW -

The first thing they teach you in retail -- No matter how much the customer says it, they are not always right ;)

Archived Post 01-03-2011 01:15 PM

Well, if you place the ticket right after you make the purchase, there is an exception to this. I think he should not get a refund, but at least get the exchange. However, The reason for the C-Store is to make money, and once they have it, they are not going to give it back. Its like those scammers you see online. Do you really expect them to give you back the money you paid them when you didn't get the right thing. Customer Service only comes into play when they don't have to give you anything, other then that, what are you going to do? Cancel your subscription?

Archived Post 01-03-2011 03:28 PM

While I personally don't use the "C" store .. IMHO the soultion to "future" use should be a redundant file reply or confirmation of the item you have selected. SCREEN print that confirmation for your records as proof of your transaction !

(just my $.02 for today )

Archived Post 01-03-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Askray (Post 3260272)
Now heres the kick though -- IF you clicked on the TMP uniforms and it took 240 out of your c-store credits and only gave you the cat, then you'd have something to possibly (albeit a remote chance) to stand on.

Given how others have ran into this problem before regarding the C-store, this indeed rare. People have went to buy the Galaxy X and the new Nausciaan ship and never got it. (Yes, even after checking their inventories and such).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedomrunning (Post 3261112)
Well, if you place the ticket right after you make the purchase, there is an exception to this. I think he should not get a refund, but at least get the exchange. However, The reason for the C-Store is to make money, and once they have it, they are not going to give it back. Its like those scammers you see online. Do you really expect them to give you back the money you paid them when you didn't get the right thing. Customer Service only comes into play when they don't have to give you anything, other then that, what are you going to do? Cancel your subscription?

Yes, I made a ticket as soon as the error was discovered, but I don't like being made out to be a scammer. If anything I'd lose more Cryptic points in getting the Uniform than the cat. But by Cryptic's CSR, they basically want me to put more money in to buy the Uniform, even though I didn't want the cat.

I'm pretty sure anyone who ended up in my shoes would be pretty angry. Bugs happen and Cryptic's CSR should take responsibility.

Archived Post 01-04-2011 03:33 PM

IMHO:

As a purchasing director, I'm surprised that there is not a better way to place, CONFIRM RHE ORDERand CONFIRM what has been sent to the customer. This process should include transactions numbers that can be tracked, as well as a confirmation as to the product that was DELIVERED. If these procedures are not in place: buyer beware.

I would think that in todays high tech communications and web development prigrams that are available, surely something could and SHOULD be available. This is for everyones best interest, not just the customer nor the company offering the product(s).

(please note: caps and red for emphasis ... not shouting)

Again .. just my $.02 worth from the old man.