Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Newbie, just saying hello (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=195933)

Archived Post 01-03-2011 04:23 AM

Newbie, just saying hello

Well, hello all. I joined up just after the bells on Hogmanay there. My first MMO, unless you count WWII Online, so there's a lot in this to confuse me. Luckily, the forums have been fantastic for finding answers, so a big thank you to everyone who contributes.

Looks like I'll be here for the duration, because this is to much fun for a trekkie/trekker type to leave. Once I've got a better grip on the game mechanics, I'll hopefully be hooking up with a fleet. As I'm in Edinburgh, I guess it'll have to be a European based fleet but I'll deal with all that when it comes.

Anyway, Happy New Year everyone! And remember. Never give up! Never surrender!

Oops!

The Black Douglas

Archived Post 01-03-2011 04:43 AM

Amigo

(in the voice of ricardo montalban) Welcome to the ever popular Ten Forward...and to STO....

My name is Castogere (Kastigir) allow me to show you to your private bungalow....

Tonite our special is the Veal Piccata with lemon sauce and fried perch. Our music selection is yani or barry manilow. If this is unacceptable may I direct you to our time life music series of Zamfir.

Again Welcome, and if you need anything.......anything........do not be afraid of the monkey with the toy machine gun...he will let you ask all of your questions......for a small fee of banannas of course.

WELCOME......:D

Archived Post 01-03-2011 04:58 AM

Welcome to Ten Forward! Please leave all sanity at the door.

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:14 AM

I don't want to go back!

Thanks for the replies, JCSWW and Castogere.

I have to say, JCSWW, that your advice seemed superfluous after Castogere's post.

Castogere, you seem strangely familiar. Did we meet in the waiting room outside the electro-shock therapy room? You know, one floor down from the floor with the padded rooms. I hated that place! The conversations were fine but trying to scratch your nose whilst wearing a staight jacket was just too much! Thought I'd seen the last of nurse Ratchett until I went for guidance to a Vedek a couple of years ago. Boy did I run! Warp bloody nine and counting! I heard she got fired but you won't catch me near Bajor again. Scary woman!

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Black_Douglas
Thanks for the replies, JCSWW and Castogere.

I have to say, JCSWW, that your advice seemed superfluous after Castogere's post.

Castogere, you seem strangely familiar. Did we meet in the waiting room outside the electro-shock therapy room? You know, one floor down from the floor with the padded rooms. I hated that place! The conversations were fine but trying to scratch your nose whilst wearing a staight jacket was just too much! Thought I'd seen the last of nurse Ratchett until I went for guidance to a Vedek a couple of years ago. Boy did I run! Warp bloody nine and counting! I heard she got fired but you won't catch me near Bajor again. Scary woman!

itchy nose? thats easy....smuggle a toilet plunger into your torso with the flapper valve from inside the tank....then chew yer way to molding the 2 together........then scratch away.....

And I must say the food there was terrible it tasted like over cooked tribble....and our waiter wasn't wearing pants?

Seriously if you need anything just ask.....I should know what Im doing right by now, and If I don't....someone here does. You can also join the ingame 10F chat channel...

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by castogere (Post 3260133)
itchy nose? thats easy....smuggle a toilet plunger into your torso with the flapper valve from inside the tank....then chew yer way to molding the 2 together........then scratch away.....

And I must say the food there was terrible it tasted like over cooked tribble....and our waiter wasn't wearing pants?

Seriously if you need anything just ask.....I should know what Im doing right by now, and If I don't....someone here does. You can also join the ingame 10F chat channel...

Thanks for the offer Castogere. Be assured I'll take you up on it. And I'll check out the channel too.

Oh, and just FYI, he wasn't the waiter, and that wasn't food. Sorry.

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:26 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the offer Castogere. Be assured I'll take you up on it. And I'll check out the channel too.

Oh, and just FYI, he wasn't the waiter, and that wasn't food. Sorry.

You really are in Scotland aren't ya?

Cheers Lad :)

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:32 AM

Aye Castogere. That I am, lad. In the capital, somewhere between the Castle an the Forth. An ahm gonnae hae tae go oot in that bitter weather soon. Things tae dae, folks tae see, ken?

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:34 AM

Quote:

Aye Castogere. That I am, lad. In the capital, somewhere between the Castle an the Forth. An ahm gonnae hae tae go oot in that bitter weather soon. Things tae dae, folks tae see, ken?

LOL you sound like my pops and a good 40% of my family........aye, i miss those days.....darned americanism anyhoo.

Archived Post 01-03-2011 05:47 AM

Yes, well if I'm to be honest, old boy, I only speak that way for the tourists. It's a frightful bore, don't you know, but they all expect kilts and ginger hair and 'och aye the noo'. It would be dreadfully impolite to disappoint them.

I must say, you chaps have done wonderfully well for yourselves in the colonies. Well done you! ;)