Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Chancellor Gowron, what the heck?!?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=196584)

Archived Post 01-08-2011 12:32 PM

Chancellor Gowron, what the heck?!?!
 
I completed one of the Deferi missions on my KDF and Molly starts talking about Gowron.

How can this be possible?

Isn't he dead?
Worf killed him in battle and put Martok in his place!

Archived Post 01-08-2011 02:01 PM

Quote:

I completed one of the Deferi missions on my KDF and Molly starts talking about Gowron.

How can this be possible?

Isn't he dead?
Worf killed him in battle and put Martok in his place!
He still was Chancellor at one time, and people haven't forgotten him.

Archived Post 01-08-2011 05:30 PM

Yeah, Kahless died what 1500 years ago (in the ST Universe); yet those Klingons NEVER stop talking about him. ;)

Archived Post 01-08-2011 06:47 PM

Well he is Kahless the Unforgettable. :D

Archived Post 01-08-2011 06:55 PM

Did anyone else think Gowron looked completely disproportionate? Like he had tiny little eyes and all his facial features were all scrunched in too close together... yet he had an ENOURMOUS cranium. Ever time I saw him, I couldnt take him seriously because he was so goofy looking.

Now MARTOK was a Klingon. Whenever I think of a powerful, honorable, 'token' Klingon warrior... I think of General Martok.

Archived Post 01-08-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treagersama (Post 3272203)
Now MARTOK was a Klingon. Whenever I think of a powerful, honorable, 'token' Klingon warrior... I think of General Martok.

Except that his first appeance was as a founder infiltrator. The first time he was seen in the flesh was in a Dominion prison. Not a very honorable fate for a Samurai wannabe. (Japanese culture is what Next Generation era Klingons were modeled on.) :p

Archived Post 01-08-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treagersama (Post 3272203)
Did anyone else think Gowron looked completely disproportionate? Like he had tiny little eyes and all his facial features were all scrunched in too close together... yet he had an ENOURMOUS cranium.

Tiny eyes? They were so huge I thought they were gonna burst out of his face the moment someone calls him petaQ. :p

But yeah, Martok ftw.

Archived Post 01-08-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3271786)
He still was Chancellor at one time, and people haven't forgotten him.

Well, the way Molly was talking, it was like he personally gave the order to attack the Breen in Deferi space.

Although, she may have been referring to the events of Deep Space Nine, when he was throwing KDF at the Breen nonstop.

Considering he wasn't doing that with honorable motives however (he was trying to tarnish Martok's reputation), I wouldn't have credited him with any great strategic knowledge or an honorable memory.

Archived Post 01-09-2011 07:17 AM

gowron has been dead for a while.
but yes, the actor that played him was awesome.

Archived Post 01-09-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilarta (Post 3272401)
Well, the way Molly was talking, it was like he personally gave the order to attack the Breen in Deferi space.

The text might have been unclear then, I suppose. Knowing that Gowron was dead, I naturally assumed they refered to an earlier event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valias
Tiny eyes? They were so huge I thought they were gonna burst out of his face

Yeah, the first time I saw him on TNG, I thought his eyes made him look a little mad. And it was him that became the new chancellor!


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:46 PM.