Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   The Cure (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=196808)

Archived Post 01-10-2011 08:26 PM

The Cure

I really hate this mission, must be the most frustrating mission i have ever done on STO, my feedback to it is ITS TO HARD! .. i have been playing for the last 6 hours str8 trying to get past the last gate..Our team plan was to spread the team out over the 4 machines and configure the fast while the 5 player was at the end and would make a rush for the gate. While the others shoot at the worker drones, oddly some times when my team shots at a tactical drone and other drones we seem to do NO damage at all..GLITCH .. Grrr...rite now im ticked off at this mission seeing as its well to hard.

Archived Post 01-10-2011 09:54 PM

I know how you feel, but there is hope. :) I've been working on this mission for weeks and have learn't a lot about it. Try these tips:

1. For the gates, activate all the nodes so all the borg beam in then kill all except the medics. When you activate the nodes the second time only the workers will spawn. I haven't tried this yet so I have yet to confirm it's true.

2. There are several you tube videos on how to kill the boss. This one I like and will try when I get the chance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghJUwCAkHio

Good luck.

Archived Post 01-11-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFlash (Post 3275797)
I know how you feel, but there is hope. :) I've been working on this mission for weeks and have learn't a lot about it. Try these tips:

1. For the gates, activate all the nodes so all the borg beam in then kill all except the medics. When you activate the nodes the second time only the workers will spawn. I haven't tried this yet so I have yet to confirm it's true.

2. There are several you tube videos on how to kill the boss. This one I like and will try when I get the chance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghJUwCAkHio

Good luck.

I'm not going to preach at you about how leet I am at STFs like some of the other players desperately crawling this forum looking for praise and attention in every thread. Instead I'll try being constructive.

Confirming #1 does work (but honestly there should be less spawn or one less gate in the first place). It's stupid.

Have folks be flexible on the nodes that get a lot of workers like 2 and 3. Having someone sitting on 4 when it's the last one and only gets one worker means that person should be freed up to help at 2 and 3 as needed, and a runner can go grab 4 and work on the 1 worker without much trouble.

Also High Density Beam Rifles are very effective for pushing back drones, especially with the KB2 or KB3 modifier if you can afford it, and keep a couple stacks of large hypos and large shield charges handy. If you're a tac, have a grenade satchel and lob grenades at workers like it's going out of style. If you need to get up close and melee instead of doing that stupid non-aggro way which NEVER works, do so.

All that said, I hope you get it and if it gets too bad, look for a fleet that runs a lot of STFs (use the Social window or have a friend refer you to a good one) and jump on board with them. Personally I'll never run The Cure again.

Archived Post 01-11-2011 08:53 AM

Well I'm thinking something is bugged with this STF as our team has gotten all of the towers to activate on the last gate. The problem is after activating the last tower it does not shoot the power beam to the gate. The last two times we activated the last tower we held the Borg off for 25 to 30 seconds but no beam from the last tower to the gate. I did the Cure before season 3 and I donít remember having to hold the Borg off for that long once the last tower was activated. I think it was more like 10 to 15 seconds.

We are going to drop the mission and try again from the start.

It's also lame that you have to have to start at the very beginning of the ground missions when you have made it all the way to the last gate but call it a night. The continue mission puts you at the beginning of the ground again. Given that the space part of this mission is easy; it's not much of a save point. It should put you at your last respawn point i.e. at the beginning of the last gate you failed.

Archived Post 01-11-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CardinalFlash (Post 3275797)

Good luck.

I'd disagree with leaving the medics up. You can heal/regen through a Tactical Drone's damage, but Neurosuppressant is incredibly annoying and can chain stun meaning you fail to interrupt a shutdown. Prefer to leave a Tac Drone alive myself :)

Archived Post 01-11-2011 09:37 AM

See this thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=148519

See this video series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdU6FD5eYzs

Archived Post 01-11-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekrit_Agent
If you need to get up close and melee instead of doing that stupid non-aggro way which NEVER works, do so.

I notice a lot of frustrations in most of your posts on the forum. Stupid? Never works?
Well, I Just finished the Cure with pugs doing the transformers fields on the non-aggro way. These pugs never completed the mission and still we did not have so much problems at all ;)

Archived Post 01-11-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davinnio (Post 3277265)
I notice a lot of frustrations in most of your posts on the forum. Stupid? Never works?
Well, I Just finished the Cure with pugs doing the transformers fields on the non-aggro way. These pugs never completed the mission and still we did not have so much problems at all ;)

congrats :confused: but I've never had it work. In fact my team wasted the most time of all my attempts trying this. You got lucky, which happens sometimes.

Archived Post 01-11-2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davinnio (Post 3277265)

Can vouch for this strategy as well. Recently tried this strategy for the first time about a month ago. We'll never do it the old way again. The keys to success here are finding the proper positioning on each transformer, to allow knockback with your 2 HD beams, while avoiding aggro from the node group.

On the 2nd set of 4, #3 is pretty tricky as well because sometimes (more often than not) a node group will 'insta-spawn' nearby as soon as youve finished activating the transformer. To remedy this, activate it from on top of the rock next to it, immediately running uphill afterwards.

Archived Post 01-12-2011 10:34 AM

This is why that strategy is not a good use of time. You'll waste a lot of time finding the right place to stand, etc. The more time you waste with the non-aggro method the more likely you'll have to wipe multiple times to get the positioning right. You're much, much better off using the "brute force" medical method as any wiping takes far less time. I think we got it 2nd or 3rd try instead of spending hours trying to find the right position and being punished spending another half hour wiping to try again. I'm sure someone will have an anecdote about how they had no issue with it though, but the non-aggro method was an utter fail every single time my team tried it...reliably someone would get aggro from a tactical drone even while out of LOS and not be able to manage the workers. Managing a weakened medical drone is far easier.