Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   Foundry load times!?!? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=197127)

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:02 AM

Foundry load times!?!?

This morning I tried to go into a mission on the foundry to edit. A small pop-up appeared that said “Loading the Foundry. Waiting to edit, 5 people ahead of you in the queue.” After waiting for 15min the number went down to 3 people ahead of me, I hit cancel and the system ‘hung’ on the transport room graphic with no buttons or options. I had to quit out of STO and re-launch. And when I tried again to edit a mision, I was told 8 people are ahead of me!!!!

Is this new? Why is it taking so long to load? Is anyone else having this problem?

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:23 AM

Ouch

I made it all the way to 0, and nothing happened. After 10 mins of 0 people in line in front of me, I hit cancel. Then I had same issue of transporter room, with only the minimize and window buttons available.

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:47 AM

Yeah - I was editing a mission earlier - got booted out and now can't get back in due to "queuing".

If this is something new, it:
a.) stinks and

b.) is bugged because if it does progress to 0 (which is randomly possible) you never actually enter the UCG editor.

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:47 AM

All I can say, is Oy Vey and track this thread to see what Cryptic has to say about this. :(

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:49 AM

I'm in a qeue right now. It's been 20 minutes now, and there are still 3 people ahead of me.

Is this a new thing? Are we possibly getting ready for a move to Holodeck? Is this a method of preventing the inevitable crash of the Holodeck server?

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:53 AM

All I can say is:

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANN!

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:56 AM

been doing this since the update. hopefully they know about this already and are working on it. don't think anyone is getting in, they are just quiting.

if i remember it always waited for the server anyway. the que is probly the server is still down after the patch or something. remember, save often

Archived Post 01-13-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordOfPit (Post 3281102)
All I can say, is Oy Vey and track this thread to see what Cryptic has to say about this. :(

Probably "It will probably be fixed Soon™"

* Soon™ is a registered trademark of Cryptic Studios®, all rights reserved ©2011

Archived Post 01-13-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XA_DeadHorse
been doing this since the update. hopefully they know about this already and are working on it. don't think anyone is getting in, they are just quiting.

if i remember it always waited for the server anyway. the que is probly the server is still down after the patch or something. remember, save often

Actually, I had this issue last night, but was finally able to get into the editor after approximately a 30 minute wait. Today, however, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Archived Post 01-13-2011 09:07 AM

I just had an idea, take this as you may.

If this is going to be the new standard of entry into the editor, I would like to flag the system, get in a queue, then, while waiting for the editor to load, be able to go to Tribble, and review missions.

Once I move up in the queue, and the editor starts loading for me, the system sends a message to my chat window, letting me know that the editor is ready for me.

What do you guys think?