Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   BUG: Placed objects and NPCs do not appear as planned (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=197424)

Archived Post 01-15-2011 02:48 PM

BUG: Placed objects and NPCs do not appear as planned

I designed a map and found that none of my items were appearing in mission preview. These items included 3 Federation NPCs, 2 Klingon mobs, and 3 computer consoles on the War Games damaged interior map.

Archived Post 01-16-2011 09:14 AM

I actually have noticed that the map for War Games in the editor is a larger, different layout than the one in the actual preview, which appears to be why none of my NPCs and details are showing up beyond the first hallway.

Archived Post 01-16-2011 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hutchinson000 (Post 3287001)
I actually have noticed that the map for War Games in the editor is a larger, different layout than the one in the actual preview, which appears to be why none of my NPCs and details are showing up beyond the first hallway.

are you sure you don't have two interior maps in the left pane and when you hit preview it is maybe loading the wrong one of the two?

Archived Post 01-16-2011 07:03 PM

No that is not the case because:

A. There are not 2 interior maps on the left pane
B. The contact in the front hallway is present and functional, whereas all other contacts, NPC groups, and details are unaccounted for since the map is drastically different beyond the initial hallway.

Archived Post 01-18-2011 01:08 PM

When I look at the War Games map it matches the actual map exactly.

There is a room and a section of hallway that isn't available to the player using the default spawn point -- is that what you're talking about and where you're placing your npcs?

Archived Post 01-18-2011 01:59 PM

I had spread the NPCs and details over the several other available rooms. Where should I put the spawn point if not in the default location?

Archived Post 01-18-2011 02:38 PM

You can leave the spawn point where it is. What I was saying is that there is a room you cannot reach--it's to the south of the spawn point. Were you trying to place npcs there?

Archived Post 01-18-2011 04:30 PM

Not that I know of. You spawn from the southern most region of the map I know. Perhaps I should take screens of the 2 different maps.

The preview mission map lacks half the rooms that the foundry map does. Both begin with a hallway that turns left, has a straight away, and then turns right into the largest of the rooms. There should be NPC and details in that room, and are none.

Afterwards both maps have a short hallway and then another room. Once again, there should be details and NPCs there.

At this point the maps vary a great deal. The preview map lacks 2 or 3 rooms, and only has 2 hallways, both leading to dead ends.

I'll take screens, but where can I upload them to show here?

Archived Post 01-18-2011 05:41 PM

Maybe it's a bug that exists only on Tribble and isn't in the newer build that we're testing internally.

Archived Post 01-18-2011 05:52 PM

Oh that'd be fortuitous.

Also, the doors to turbo lift and conference room don't open in the Olympic Bridge. Is there a step i'm missing or are those rooms, while visible and placeable on the foundry map, not available currently in use in missions?