Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The KDF faction isnt even finished, and the Feds are getting CLASS specific content! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=198265)

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:24 AM

The KDF faction isnt even finished, and the Feds are getting CLASS specific content!

There is a new "remastered" episode on Tribble ATM where depending on your class, you get different objectives in the mission. Thats great and all, but maybe before you worry about creating content for every different CLASS you should actually finish one of the game's FACTION's?

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:26 AM

Look... I am really fine with how this is. Why? Because Federation appeals to 99 percent of STO players, while KDF is... well - their missions involve killing humans and that's something that a lot of people doesn't like, including me. Sure, flying BoP is fun, but honestly - KDF shouldn't be a full-fledged equivalent of the Federation faction, rather a pvp alternative.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:27 AM

From what I understand, this is mainly serving two purposes: experimenting with using the new dev tools in-house so that they may make better episodes and improve existing ones (including Klingon) in the future and to extend the game's tutorial elements into the first episode.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:31 AM

The episode they remastered is part of the demo. It makes sense they would want to ensure it has the best graphics and technology the game has to offer.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:33 AM

jacksparrowjive55, just relax a little :)

the devs have said that they would work on klingon AND federation content at the same time, and that they wouldn't stop working on one side. Ever.

the klingon faction will be finished in time, and in the meantime, the federation is still the biggest percentage of the player base (we can't deny that, even though i'm gonna play a klingon character as soon as i get a lifeime subscription, along with a federation character)

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
Look... I am really fine with how this is. Why? Because Federation appeals to 99 percent of STO players, while KDF is... well - their missions involve killing humans and that's something that a lot of people doesn't like, including me. Sure, flying BoP is fun, but honestly - KDF shouldn't be a full-fledged equivalent of the Federation faction, rather a pvp alternative.

Wait a sec, what are you saying exactly? That KILLING bothers you, or killing things that LOOK like you? Either way, you do the exact same thing as a Fed. Roms look alot like humans, and you kill plenty of them.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:34 AM

What this thread title really should be:

The KDF Faction isn't even finished, but we're getting tech to make class-specific content in every mission - Every KDF mission from now on will be more awesome then most of the existing Fed content!

That might have been too long for a thread title, though, so I will forgive you.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trek17
the devs have said that they would work on klingon AND federation content at the same time,

That must be why there isnt one SCRAP of KDF specific content mentioned in the last engineering report. If you search the word "Klingon", it doesnt even show up ONCE in the entire report :rolleyes:

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:37 AM

you guys just got a bunch of new T5 ships. Chill out.

Archived Post 01-22-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
you guys just got a bunch of new T5 ships. Chill out.

What difference does it make what ship your in if you dont have anything new to do in it?