Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Ncc Xxxx (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=199304)

Archived Post 01-30-2011 10:25 AM

Ncc Xxxx

I would like to have ships with a smaller registry number. I might even be willing to pay for it, if it is like 180 or 200 ATs.

I mean in the shows back in the day the registry could be as small as four digits, why couldnt a newer ship be the NCC 0001 - Z by now?

Archived Post 01-30-2011 11:45 AM

It not going to happen because of the IP Agreement with CBS. The Dev's have stated in the past is that this limitation is present because CBS insisited that they will be no potential confilict between ship numbering in the game, and ships that have appeared, (or will appear...) in any of the Star Trek TV series....

Archived Post 01-30-2011 01:07 PM

well that jsut seems stupid. I mean they are obviousloy rebooting the franchise, and setting it in a alternate reality, I dont really think they have any plans of going back to the prime universe.

and if they are worried about using registries that are already established then they should just lock those numbers.

Archived Post 01-30-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderchase (Post 3316583)
well that jsut seems stupid. I mean they are obviousloy rebooting the franchise, and setting it in a alternate reality, I dont really think they have any plans of going back to the prime universe.

and if they are worried about using registries that are already established then they should just lock those numbers.

It is not Cryptics fault. If CBS says "No." to anything Star Trek related in this game - Cryptic has to change it. Every uniform, shipmodel, species, mission, etc. has to be checked by CBS to become the official approval. Lets remember about nine months back:
The release of the Nomad Star Cruiser skin was pushed back, CBS has rejected the design (I think it has even been rejected three times!) and Cryptic had to alter it again and again until CBS was okay with it. It is a situation which sucks for us and IMO also sucks for Cryptic, but there is simply no way around it.

Archived Post 01-30-2011 01:42 PM

i understand that and I am aware that it is not their fault. Just its stupid.

Archived Post 01-30-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderchase (Post 3316583)

And the people who are rebooting the franchise (e.g. the new Star Trek Movies) are a different company then CBS...

Archived Post 01-30-2011 07:58 PM

I would love to see this but CBS/Paramount won't sign off on anything really. even to have a book published you have to go through a gauntlet of minions at CBS.

Archived Post 01-30-2011 08:49 PM

It would be cool, but CBS isn't gonna let it happen. Its tough, but I can work with it.

Archived Post 01-30-2011 11:14 PM

I would love to have a: NCC-7XXXX or 8XXXX number.

Archived Post 01-31-2011 09:10 AM

agreed a lower NCC # would be great. Also since I bought the NX, it would be cool to a greater range.