Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Klingon's Need Klingon Ships (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=200015)

Archived Post 02-03-2011 06:18 AM

Klingon's Need Klingon Ships

Hey dev's, we need ships like these!/Klingon/3

Archived Post 02-03-2011 06:21 AM

http://www.staryards.com/Downloads/S.../Kling_TNG.htm

Archived Post 02-03-2011 06:38 AM

I agree here;
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=199839

Especially the ToQ vo' Hegh class Heavy Battleship.

What design stats do you think would fit it well?

Archived Post 02-03-2011 08:37 AM

...ships like these in the sense of ships that look like them or have their general style, ships that have an operating-style like them, or do you mean those ships specifically?

The latter would be a big problem because aside from the canon boats, it's not possible to get ships that are fan-designed (unless it's specifically for a contest) not to mention copyrighted ships like the SUVWI'QEH from Klingon Academy which is still the intellectual property of Interplay.

Archived Post 02-03-2011 09:16 AM

as you can see most of these designs are for hire, crypic can just buy or hire the designers!!!!!!

Archived Post 02-03-2011 09:23 AM

I'm afraid it's not that easy for a company that has a license from a bigger company like CBS...look, I've had this discussion dozens of times; it's not that easy since CBS has to sign off on anything Cryptic wants to publish.
Simply hiring folks and then putting their ships in the game is not possible, not with so much legal voodoo involved.

Archived Post 02-03-2011 10:07 AM

Unfortunately MD is quite right in that Cryptic has niether the time, monies or resources I would think to gather such pre-liscenced ideas under its name.
Hence I say we KDF need to start offering up designs of our own that are both reasonable and within the ideaology of the empire's thinking on war.
Unfortunately we already have a well stocked stable so to speak so such ideas may need to flow from the Nuasicians, Gorn and Orions as well.

Archived Post 02-03-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 3327346)
Hence I say we KDF need to start offering up designs of our own that are both reasonable and within the ideaology of the empire's thinking on war.
Unfortunately we already have a well stocked stable so to speak so such ideas may need to flow from the Nuasicians, Gorn and Orions as well.

Exactly. It often seems to be forgotten that Klingon ideology is based around using as little resources as possible for maximum result. This is why the classic Bird-of-Prey and the D7/K'tinga design kept going for centuries. We already have more Klingon ships than are actually feasible would this game stick closer to canon in terms of faction style - what we are missing are the ships of our independent allies which continue to be forced to fly Klingon vessels despite their NPCs having an array of own designs.

Archived Post 02-03-2011 11:55 AM

I'm currently busy with a lot of work, actually I've got my stuff for University spread across my desk while I'm writing this but when I'm trough in a couple of weeks, I'll go back to designing Gorn ships for another project (a TOS mod for Birth of the Federation).
It always takes time to get me into a proper state of mind since I don't try to think how I'd build a Gorn ship but how the Gorn would design a ship and I'll see if I can come up with some kind of destroyer design that doesn't look too much like the ships I'm making for the TOS mod.
And with a tiny bit of luck it won't be totally ignored like the last Gorn ships I proposed.

Archived Post 02-03-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valias
Exactly. It often seems to be forgotten that Klingon ideology is based around using as little resources as possible for maximum result. This is why the classic Bird-of-Prey and the D7/K'tinga design kept going for centuries. We already have more Klingon ships than are actually feasible would this game stick closer to canon in terms of faction style - what we are missing are the ships of our independent allies which continue to be forced to fly Klingon vessels despite their NPCs having an array of own designs.

My thoughts as well. We KDF have a fairly well rounded selection of vessels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister_dee
I'm currently busy with a lot of work, actually I've got my stuff for University spread across my desk while I'm writing this but when I'm trough in a couple of weeks, I'll go back to designing Gorn ships for another project (a TOS mod for Birth of the Federation).
It always takes time to get me into a proper state of mind since I don't try to think how I'd build a Gorn ship but how the Gorn would design a ship and I'll see if I can come up with some kind of destroyer design that doesn't look too much like the ships I'm making for the TOS mod.
And with a tiny bit of luck it won't be totally ignored like the last Gorn ships I proposed.

Keep in mind that the Novel written on STO "Needs of the Many" sheds alot of light on Gorn infrastructure and how they have speciliazed Gorn for different jobs/tasks. The baseball team they fielded was very interesting, not the slow Gorn of Kirks era.