Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The Vault, Shuttle PvP and a New Set? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=200587)

Archived Post 02-06-2011 02:14 AM

The Vault, Shuttle PvP and a New Set?

Hello, I just completed the Vault for the third time and it's still great, even though there are a few small issues (diplomacy dialogue options don't work properly, reward is a bit weird with its 20 charges). However, the map gave me a few interesting ideas. (Keep in mind that I barely PvP, but that map could make me.)

1) The Vault would be perfect for a first Shuttle/Fighter PvP map with PvE elements (Romulan security systems that shoot on everybody, collect crates with Romulan research data for extra points).

2) So far crafters and STF-players got their own sets (Aegis and Assimilated). PvP-players got nothing. How would it be if they could, starting with Rear Admiral level, earn a Romulan set for their ships?

Archived Post 02-06-2011 05:59 AM

Hey, not so much for all that stuff (new equipment sets, etc.). But what you said about a PVP stage is an awsome idea. This would be a great place. Just like old style Duke Nukem - it really has that feel about it - all of the pylons, and towers to ambush with. The energy fields, and discharges to deal with. The doors as a signal that someone is coming through. The height alone makes the PVP much more 3 dimentional. And shuttles of course, must be shuttles.

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:12 AM

This is a great idea!!!
Since we already can be restricted from entering the mission without a shuttle, it should not be too difficult to apply the same thing to a PvP game. :)

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:23 AM

Could you imagine doing this 1st person too?

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gammadelta1 (Post 3335507)

While Descent was one of the first games I ever played it wouldn't fit into STO with its big firing arcs.

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Tar
While Descent was one of the first games I ever played it wouldn't fit into STO with its big firing arcs.

Ha, say that to Tom Paris. I'm sure he was thrilled piloting the shuttle from his space suit six or so KM away. Just kidding. I know what you're saying but wouldn't it make this more challenging to do it by sensors? Ehh, just an idea.

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gammadelta1 (Post 3335524)
Ha, say that to Tom Paris. I'm sure he was thrilled piloting the shuttle from his space suit six or so KM away. Just kidding. I know what you're saying but wouldn't it make this more challenging to do it by sensors? Ehh, just an idea.

Just about every other Trek game I've played has an archaic radar-esque interface for sensors, nevermind that apps on my ipod look more hi-tech and provide more form and function to navigation. :)

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Just about every other Trek game I've played has an archaic radar-esque interface for sensors, nevermind that apps on my ipod look more hi-tech and provide more form and function to navigation. :)

I personally like the sensor screen Dianna troy used to track the scimitar in nemissis.

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-Tar
1) The Vault would be perfect for a first Shuttle/Fighter PvP map with PvE elements (Romulan security systems that shoot on everybody, collect crates with Romulan research data for extra points).

Brilliant.

Add my "Yes *please*" to the pile. :)

Archived Post 02-06-2011 06:57 AM

i sense win in this thread. its all brilliant :)

i would propose making items for shuttles/fighters only. Maybe add a blue edge on the item or something, someting to set them appart from the normal items. and the shuttle/fighter sets could have buffs that makes you even harder to hit etc.

tbh this series, although not myfavo (breen was my favo) has added more idea's and potential to the game. new mechanics, and it just shows my faith in the devs atm is totaly deserved. this game is going the right way and its going to be A M A Z I N G !!!