Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Make Captain's Table a Transwarp! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201038)

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:02 PM

Make Captain's Table a Transwarp!

Why not do this? Does there need to be a weird anomaly floating in orbit of Earth and Qo'noS in order to get to the Captain's Table? Why can't the players that have access simply be rewarded a Transwarp that goes there. Wouldn't that make sense?

Then only players who have access would even know about it (from now on at least), giving it the mystery it deserves. You would be able to go there from anywhere and return to Sector Space wherever you left off (like a DSE), instead of having to travel all the way back from ESD/Qo'noS every time.

And it would get rid of the weird portal thing everyone complains about.

Just a thought.

:cool:

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:09 PM

I support this idea. Get rid of the goofy portal.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:14 PM

Definatly need to have a transwarp.

I would love to have a magical door that you walk through that takes to any station :p

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:19 PM

I posted a while back about the problem zoning 4 times to get to the table, when I could just hang a right and go to ESD. The OP's idea has the benefit of being a simple, elegant solution.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:23 PM

Based upon what I've read from others this concept is based upon a series of novels. I haven't got around to reading them just yet. But it's on my list of things to do.

Did the novels ever tell of the Captain's entire starship making a visit?

Did the visiting Captain's ever see the space station from the outside? Or did they just have view ports to peek from?

Wasn't the entrance to the Captain's Table random doorways? On planets? On the starships themselves?

I ask, as I wonder if maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 02:34 PM

I agree with Psi'a, we need to look to the book (which I also haven't read). But anything that makes it onvolve less zoning and eliminates the anomaly in Earth orbit is a great idea.

From what I understand, the "price" of admission is a story... you could also add a section that was only visitable if you'd published a Foundry mission, or something.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 03:02 PM

I agree, putting it someplace other than home system orbit is a great idea.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Based upon what I've read from others this concept is based upon a series of novels. I haven't got around to reading them just yet. But it's on my list of things to do.

Did the novels ever tell of the Captain's entire starship making a visit?

Did the visiting Captain's ever see the space station from the outside? Or did they just have view ports to peek from?

Wasn't the entrance to the Captain's Table random doorways? On planets? On the starships themselves?

I ask, as I wonder if maybe we are looking at this the wrong way.

I think all of the above pretty much and what would make the most sense to me is if you visited it the same way you visit your ship interior, as a ground map accessible from any non-combat area.

In turn, maybe have loaner ships you can use to tour the exterior of the Captain's Table, just so that beautiful space map isn't wasted.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 04:54 PM

Here here. I think this is a great idea.

Archived Post 02-08-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I think all of the above pretty much and what would make the most sense to me is if you visited it the same way you visit your ship interior, as a ground map accessible from any non-combat area.

In turn, maybe have loaner ships you can use to tour the exterior of the Captain's Table, just so that beautiful space map isn't wasted.

s.h.u.t.t.l.e testing group (maybe starship testing ground too)

IE, take her for a spin around the station.