Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ask Cryptic: February 2011 (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201423)

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:00 PM

Ask Cryptic: February 2011

Executive Producer Dan Stahl beams aboard a massive 51 answers to your questions in this month's Ask Cryptic!

Read the full article

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:14 PM

Woo-hoo! Thanks, Stormy & dstahl! I'm off to read it now, but I'm glad to see my question about Andoria and Ushaan being answered! I hope it does make it into Season 4. :)

Off to read it now, but thanks for putting it up today! :)

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:16 PM

YAY!!!!!! Been looking forward to this for awhile.

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:22 PM

What happened to the...

Oh. Oh, wow.

It occurs to me. I always assumed the Enterprise-C was destroyed. But that was never confirmed. Geez. The Romulans could be sitting the thing all these years. It might have actually corrupted the timeline in all kinds of crazy ways.

... It could even be Sela's personal flagship for all we know.

Oh. And regarding this idea of Romulans splitting and joining the existing factions, frankly...

That's an uphill argument with the community. But if I were to approach that, I'd probably look at an extremely charismatic Vulcan bridging the gap and achieving reunification and it would be the Remans who join the KDF. There's simply too much bad blood between Rommies and Klingons at this point and Remans fit that aesthetic better. But a huge change like that is exactly the kind of thing that warrants blowing the budget if you want people to accept it. It would take something nutty like Tuvok personally fulfilling Spock's dream of reunification or something. Or Sela having a change of heart, reconnecting with her mother somehow, and sacrificing herself to make it happen.

You want to change what people are familiar with that dramatically, you need to tap into what people are familiar with. I know the possibility was mentioned that Nimoy might come back. I think Spock "narrating" the dream of reunification being achieved as a major cinematic episode with us participating in the talks would do a lot there. Like... maybe he somehow opens a window back to our world, sees all is well and decides to remain where he is, giving us his blessing for realizing his dream.

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:25 PM

Great answer to my question. I cant wait to see this type of content. I dlove to see some massive instance where players join as big fleets, lead by Fleet admirals, and everyone fights for control of sections of the map.

Thx

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:29 PM

Awesome!

Thanks DStahl for answering my question about new episodes for the KDF and all the good stuff in store for Klingons until then!

I'm pleased to hear one of the first steps is creating a KDF Tutorial and allowing Klingon characters to start at Level 1. That's EXCELLENT news!! It should bring more players into the faction.

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:30 PM

Storm, are there any new bridge packs coming out soon? I need a new view on my ship interior...lol

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:32 PM

It's nice to see that Mr. Stahl has a "Healthy Klingon Faction" at the top of his wishlist. Thank you for that.

We may only be 12%, be we ain't going away.

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStahl
A: We have plans to answer some questions about what happened to the Enterprise-C

...there's questions about what happened to the Enterprise-C? Last I checked, it ran into an unfortunate overdose of disruptors and photon torpedoes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStahl
A: The content leads are discussing this via email right now and coming up with options to make the Captain's table more interesting than just an instanced bar.

Making it so we can get there through various doors throughout the galaxy (...like the Table from the books), rather than inexplicable nebulas at Earth and Q'onos would help!

Archived Post 02-10-2011 05:34 PM

Wow my question was answered... but uh... you should not restrict the ship class to your captains class until admiral. maybe just merge some ships here and there or better make no difference between classes anymore. you can command a ship, don't bother what type it is. the class defines what the ship can do, not how good you can command it. something like that... maybe :)

(It feels good to get noticed, really :D )