Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Use our scorpion fighter reward as part/mechanic of future cloaked intention episode (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201440)

Archived Post 02-10-2011 07:34 PM

Use our scorpion fighter reward as part/mechanic of future cloaked intention episode

I got this idea from my gf who said I should save my fighters because i might need them in a future episode. This Made me think of flying my ship through the vault when suddenly a Borg tractor beam grabs me and puts all my energy to 0 and my systems off line. Then 3 or 4 heavy plasma torps come flying at me, and the only way to survive is to have my scorpion fighters out to shoot the torps down and disable the tractor. If u don't have them u die and respawn and the second time the tractor doesn't go off so u can complete the mission. But if u survive the ambush without dying u get an accolade for it!! I think this would be an awesome and surprising way to use our reward :D if u like this idea feel free to repost and get the devs to see it maybe they can retrofit an epsiode to include it. :D

Archived Post 02-11-2011 02:22 AM

Sounds like a great idea! I have my fighters in storage and plan to equip them on my ship in case i ever need them in one of the next 4 episodes.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 06:39 AM

I don't think you can launch fighters from a Shuttlecraft and I was under the impression that all the missions in this series would have you piloting a Shuttlecraft since they went to all the trouble of making them available in mission 1.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 07:22 AM

My issue with the fighters is that I'll never use them. A one-time use reward is extremely dissapointing, I don't like having to use something in a pinch that is then gone forever.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 08:20 AM

I think it has 20 charges so 20 uses from that one reward.

Replay mission for more. :)

Archived Post 02-12-2011 05:11 PM

@thalaylie. I'm not sure if every mission will be in shuttle craft. The doors are big enough to accommodate anything I would imagine? And if we end up attacking the remans or vault I'm sure at least part of an episode will be in a cruiser. But maybe not, they did put a lot of work on the shuttles. And have you replayed for your shuttle phaser reward? I liked mine

@dekuscrubby. I always save my stuff too long too, and the level cap raises and i have a bank full of low level activatables :p and I checked my fighters and i think they're one use? Idk

Archived Post 03-05-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoickes (Post 3353895)
@thalaylie. I'm not sure if every mission will be in shuttle craft. The doors are big enough to accommodate anything I would imagine? And if we end up attacking the remans or vault I'm sure at least part of an episode will be in a cruiser. But maybe not, they did put a lot of work on the shuttles. And have you replayed for your shuttle phaser reward? I liked mine

@dekuscrubby. I always save my stuff too long too, and the level cap raises and i have a bank full of low level activatables :p and I checked my fighters and i think they're one use? Idk

When I checked, they had 20 uses.

Archived Post 03-05-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someStarTrekfan12
When I checked, they had 20 uses.

They have 50 uses