Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   STOP making missions requiring rally point use, when ours GLITCHES and doesnt work! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201740)

Archived Post 02-12-2011 11:48 AM

STOP making missions requiring rally point use, when ours GLITCHES and doesnt work!

SECOND TIME this has happened. My rally points wouldnt work for the Defari puzzle, and now this mine mission I cant get past because my BO wont move her ass to the rally point! Im stuck without human help!

Archived Post 02-12-2011 12:13 PM

Didn't have any issues with it

Archived Post 02-12-2011 12:20 PM

The point and click thing.

Not got to this part on this episode but when controlling officers its usually a case of camera angle to make the click actually apply to the part of the ground you need and not some distance away from it.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 12:20 PM

I'm not saying that the devs shouldn't fix the BO controls, but you can easily work around this.

You do know that this is an MMO right? That you can talk to other people and invite them to your team, right?

Archived Post 02-12-2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon (Post 3352264)
I'm not saying that the devs shouldn't fix the BO controls, but you can easily work around this.

You do know that this is an MMO right? That you can talk to other people and invite them to your team, right?

Yeah, I know Peregrine, had to do that for the Defari puzzle, fortunately my fleet is cool like that. But I shouldnt have to call for backup over every rally point puzzle.

Ive tried every camera angle, it never works. I click the rally point button on the boff I want, I then move the cursor over to the area I want, and left click to engage it. NOTHING. I move cursor over and right click, NOTHING. Move cursor over and hit my keyboard rally point key, NOTHING.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 05:49 PM

I know what you mean. I haven't done the most recent episode yet but I've had this problem before. It really needs to be fixed.

Archived Post 02-12-2011 05:55 PM

What form does this problem take? You set the rally point and the BO ignores it completely? Because I've never seen that happen.

Archived Post 02-13-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGNT009 (Post 3352026)
SECOND TIME this has happened. My rally points wouldnt work for the Defari puzzle, and now this mine mission I cant get past because my BO wont move her ass to the rally point! Im stuck without human help!

I have never had this happen, and no one I know has either.

Archived Post 02-13-2011 03:45 AM

Well that's what happens when you try to designate a 3D point on a 2D image.

Archived Post 02-13-2011 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naevius
What form does this problem take? You set the rally point and the BO ignores it completely? Because I've never seen that happen.

If it's the same problem I have it's because I set my primary and secondary fire to the left and right mouse buttons. Setting the keybinds to default always gets it working again. It seems to be because the command to set a rally point is confirmed by the left mouse button by default, and there isn't an option to change it to another key. It's annoying, but I've learned to deal with it.