Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Anomaly Hunting (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=201868)

Archived Post 02-12-2011 05:04 PM

Anomaly Hunting

On the anomaly hunting missions, it asks you to "collect the data" from 5 anomalies. As I understand it, the data are the items we get after we do the waveform match, not simply the matching of the waveform.

However, in the mission, it gives you the "mission complete" as soon as you match the waveform of the 5th anomaly. This is really irritating as it does not give you a chance to collect the data first.

This leaves you having to cancel out of the "Mission Complete" window, collect the data, then leave the system and confirm.

This could be easily resolved by adding 10 seconds in between the time you scan the waveform and the time you get mission complete.

Archived Post 02-13-2011 01:40 PM

Also, since the OPS popup becomes the active window,if you are using the keyboard to complete the minigame, your keyboard commands are routed to that window, putting it in front of the minigame.

So you have to click back to the minigame and then try to finish the game with several of those precious 5 seconds gone.

Archived Post 02-13-2011 02:20 PM

Yeah, this is a known issue. The problem, as I understand it, is that the minigame was introduced after the scan mission - and it's the act of actually interacting with the anomaly that completes the mission, not the act of completing the minigame. The mission doesn't even know the minigame's there.

The Devs would have to look for every version of this mission and perform a correction - and that's a LOT of missions to correct.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:41 AM

When the Diplomacy ranking was first implemented, those missions gave Diplomacy xp. I would like to see the DXP reinstated for these missions. If Diplomacy is a non-combat rewar system like it is advertised, then these missions should help a player level up his diplomatic rank.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3367445)
When the Diplomacy ranking was first implemented, those missions gave Diplomacy xp. I would like to see the DXP reinstated for these missions. If Diplomacy is a non-combat rewar system like it is advertised, then these missions should help a player level up his diplomatic rank.

Shouldnt diplomacy involve interacting with another intelligent species, not examining some lifeless rock?

Archived Post 02-18-2011 05:21 AM

I just click on the mini game as sono as the end mission window pops up and finish the minigame. Once I know it happens and when it's a simple matter of 1 clicking to make the minigame active.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 05:27 AM

Quote:

I agree that something should be done. I am not sure like other people, that tDxp is the right thing to do. But I do think that there should be some sort of skill points added to finishing the mission.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 02:03 PM

I have found that I can hit ESCAPE when the mission completion dialogpops up and focus will be back on the mini-game. Between that and using the arrow keys, I'm not losing the minigame because of mousing around.

Quote:

It does seem a little strange to get diplomacy points when there's nobody to be, well, diplomatic with. I'd be fine without the DXP if there were more actual non-combat missions that involve NPCs. But, we're not quite there yet.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 04:03 PM

We get diplomacy points for scanning floral lifeforms on planetside missions.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3370011)
We get diplomacy points for scanning floral lifeforms on planetside missions.

Yes, well it definitely falls under the "not quite there yet" category! Plus, there's a long history of sentient plant life in Trek and SciFiDom. Sometimes it's not even trying to kill you! Maybe you had to get get it to agree to sign a consent form before doing the scan. :rolleyes: