Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   How can I get 1 Year Anniversary Accolade Now?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202262)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 01:55 AM

How can I get 1 Year Anniversary Accolade Now?!

I thought I did all the things I needed to do to get all the anniversary items, but I recently found out that I needed to fail with Q five times twice to get the 1 year anniversary accolade. Huh? That is just disappointing as I felt very proud that I knew Star Trek and STO lore so well, that I rarely failed his quiz questiones and therefore, spent over the next 5 days repeating the daily instead of doing the trivia questions again.

Is there any chance that this particular accolade could be added to mission replays as a limited private instance of ESD and Q'Nos that only contains that area of the base. That way, once someone has passed the one year timeframe they can go to mission replay to play this mission and get the accolade?

Pretty please.. :-(

Archived Post 02-15-2011 01:58 AM

You can't, sorry. If you could, it would kinda beat the purpose of the accolade...

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:06 AM

1 year accolade on the 1 year anniversary kinda makes sense

having the 1 year anniversary accolade on any other time would not make sense

thems the breaks

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:08 AM

Yep. That's kinda how it works. Otherwise it would just be an accolade instead of a 1 year anniversary accolade.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I thought I did all the things I needed to do to get all the anniversary items, but I recently found out that I needed to fail with Q five times twice to get the 1 year anniversary accolade. Huh? That is just disappointing as I felt very proud that I knew Star Trek and STO lore so well, that I rarely failed his quiz questiones and therefore, spent over the next 5 days repeating the daily instead of doing the trivia questions again.

Is there any chance that this particular accolade could be added to mission replays as a limited private instance of ESD and Q'Nos that only contains that area of the base. That way, once someone has passed the one year timeframe they can go to mission replay to play this mission and get the accolade?

Not that it matters at this point... but ya only had to fail to answer any of the questions Five Times ONCE, not Twice (Ten Questions) to get the Accolade.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:11 AM

You didn't even have to fail, Q just had to change you 5 times...you could have completed the quiz and then told him to get out 5 times and that would have done it.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:34 AM

I understand that. But why did they have to make it something so obscure that most would not even think to have done that as all Star Trek lore has thought us to beat Q and not to intentionally "lose" to him. It's just frustrating as all.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:36 AM

Quote:

I understand that. But why did they have to make it something so obscure that most would not even think to have done that as all Star Trek lore has thought us to beat Q and not to intentionally "lose" to him. It's just frustrating as all.

I'm not sure it can be called obscure.

Watching the various episodes with Q who wouldn't want to tell him to get out?

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:43 AM

Quote:

wait till next year and it will probably run again.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Thats what the community is here for and thats how I found out about it. I didn't stumble on to it by chance.

I would suggest whenever events to go live is to research to make sure you get everything in time.