Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What Featured Episode maps would you like for PvP? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202407)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:36 PM

What Featured Episode maps would you like for PvP?

From the Engineering Report:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 3361885)
Repurposing some Feature Episode maps as new PVP maps

So, any favorites out there that might work as a PvP map?

:)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:42 PM

after fleet owned star bases somehow make the defendable. not that you lose them when destroyed just damaged with penalties like when you play your character on elite or advanced. use your crafting skills and money to fix it. would be awesome it would give all members a purpose in fleet.

as for open pvp i think it would create contravarsay. i seen one person suggest a on and off switch in open pvp. interesting idea. i do think that the klingons still need to be nerfed more. whats up with them launching 3 x as many fighters as before the fix?

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:44 PM

My Favorites:
  • Romulan Mining Colony "Mine Enemy"
  • Drozana Station "What Lies Beneath"
  • The Vault Space Interior Map "The Vault"
  • Defera Capital "Cold Call"
  • Some TOS interior, like "Everything Old is New Again"

Quote:

Originally Posted by captain_quack
after fleet owned star bases somehow make the defendable. not that you lose them when destroyed just damaged with penalties like when you play your character on elite or advanced. use your crafting skills and money to fix it. would be awesome it would give all members a purpose in fleet.

as for open pvp i think it would create contravarsay. i seen one person suggest a on and off switch in open pvp. interesting idea. i do think that the klingons still need to be nerfed more. whats up with them launching 3 x as many fighters as before the fix?

Ummm... none of those are Featured Episode maps. ;)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:45 PM

A Vault shuttles-only pvp :P.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:46 PM

First time I set foot on Defera, I thought 'this would make a great Assault map'. With the walled city, it would be like a siege scenario. Its size would make it better suited to large engagements though; and considering how unpopular ground PvP is right now, I don't know how practical that would be.

I also think the settlement from 'Mine Enemy' would work pretty well if they plugged the gaps around the perimeter, and removed a wall or two from inside the town. It would certainly make for a more interesting environment than Assimilated Cruiser or Ghost Ship.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:48 PM

Forcas III melee ground map as in "Bringing Down the House"

Archived Post 02-15-2011 07:51 PM

Space Map w/ Slingshot Effect from "Everything Old is New Again"

You know that would be awesome in Capture and Hold. :)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 08:19 PM

The Vault = Shuttle/fighter pvp :D

Mine Enemy = Mining outpost

Deferei Capital (With random Breen Npcs)

Archived Post 02-15-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
My Favorites:
  • Romulan Mining Colony "Mine Enemy"
  • Drozana Station "What Lies Beneath"
  • The Vault Space Interior Map "The Vault"
  • Defera Capital "Cold Call"
  • Some TOS interior, like "Everything Old is New Again"

Ummm... none of those are Featured Episode maps. ;)

ah you right i miss read it. oh well thats what i would like to see anyway.

Archived Post 02-15-2011 11:00 PM

The Zaria space map really stands out. And the Archive planet outdoors map had some cool atmosphere effects, and the paths and cliffs might make it more PVP-ready than an ordinary flat outdoors map.