Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Borg Hunt switch side exploit (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202475)

Archived Post 02-16-2011 09:54 AM

Borg Hunt switch side exploit

I love Borg Hunt. It is the best thing STO has come up with IMO. However these gold farmers are able to use a bug to switch sides and no one seams to know how they do it.

Can anyone please share how to do this. Killing gold farmers is mostly what I do other than annoy other feds and run them off while I try and complete this mission.

Any information on this would be helpful and it would also serve for the board admin's to share with the Dev's to fix this.

The more who know about this bug the quicker they will fix it.

Thanks for anyone willing to share.

Archived Post 02-20-2011 07:51 AM

No one is willing to share? Someone must know the secret and is willing to post it so this can be fixed.

Archived Post 02-20-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekkie_bbs (Post 3373611)
No one is willing to share? Someone must know the secret and is willing to post it so this can be fixed.

No because it is not allowed to post exploits on the forum and might result in a ban. Furthermore if someone posted it, you would see even more doing it. Those who know the exploit have hopefully already informed Cryptic about it and don't spread the knowledge even more.

Archived Post 02-22-2011 05:36 AM

Ahhhh... I didn't realise it would cause someone to get banned. Thanks for the info.

Archived Post 02-26-2011 04:20 AM

Just do what we do... Have a team of at least 3 people... 1 person on the same side as the gold farmer, 2 people on the opposing side... Spot ---> Target---> De-cloak ---> Destroy ---> Repeat (After multiple iterations, you will sometimes receive Tells in horrifyingly-butchered English, threatening you, your parents, etc. :D )

When the farmer does his little 'trick' to change sides, one member of your team can switch to an Alt on the opposing side, and follow the same pattern... Stick it to the gold farmers, they deserve it!

Archived Post 03-02-2011 07:23 AM

I had some TF turkey try that and I killed BOTH of them for it. Yup I killed the guy on my own side. I got him in the middle of the borg and in my berel I decloaked him. Funnier than hell. I work alone and do not intend to start chasing people from instance to instance to get at them I was hoping to be able to chase them out of the instance so the feds in their crying about them doing this wile I kill them might stop.

I decided to start sending tickets to the Cryptic team to tell who is doing it since most I have encountered speak German only. Maybe it's a German only cheat / exploit?

Ultimately I will continue to send in tickets as I see people doing it as of now.

Semaj

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Just do what we do... Have a team of at least 3 people... 1 person on the same side as the gold farmer, 2 people on the opposing side... Spot ---> Target---> De-cloak ---> Destroy ---> Repeat (After multiple iterations, you will sometimes receive Tells in horrifyingly-butchered English, threatening you, your parents, etc. :D )

When the farmer does his little 'trick' to change sides, one member of your team can switch to an Alt on the opposing side, and follow the same pattern... Stick it to the gold farmers, they deserve it!

Archived Post 03-02-2011 07:29 AM

Does this have anything to do with the problem where I spontaneously spawn as "Klingon" in war zones sometimes, and get murdered by Fed players while all the klinks are suddenly blue to me? Is this an exploit, or is it a bug?

Archived Post 03-02-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Does this have anything to do with the problem where I spontaneously spawn as "Klingon" in war zones sometimes, and get murdered by Fed players while all the klinks are suddenly blue to me? Is this an exploit, or is it a bug?

A bug becomes an exploit if you do it intentionally.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 11:02 PM

As he said. It is being done intentionally not by accident. Those who get bugged it happens and we all have to deal with it. Those who exploit the game should be shot twice. he he he and normally do.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 11:50 PM

Sometimes, for hours on end. ;)

Thanks for joining in the Hunt last yesterday, it's good when everyone takes a stand against the exploiters/gold farmers... Hopefully, all the tickets that got sent in will raise a few eyebrows with the CSR people.

-Big Red

(Kha'tak and Kra'ag in the Ker'rat Hunting Party yesterday. :D )