Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What are you guys doing at Cryptic to prevent tomorrow's crash? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202846)

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:06 AM

What are you guys doing at Cryptic to prevent tomorrow's crash?

Just asking...

I want to enjoy this episode the WHOLE WAY THROUGH with my beer :)

Oh and please tell me there isnt another pet reward :p

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:07 AM

Samething they did the last two times: they are preparing the post that will be announcing the down time. lol xD

While I am hoping they have this fixed in time for tomorrow I would rather they fix the parts of the game this patch broke first.

wait until sunday ? :O

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:08 AM

According to this post, they've been hooking up more servers and cleaning up the load balancing programming. He also mentions they may have some reserve servers to pop in for next week if it happens again.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:11 AM

They are getting people to ragequit over TNG and DS9 uniforms so there won't be as many people on to crash the servers tomorrow.

:eek:

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoduck360
They are getting people to ragequit over TNG and DS9 uniforms so there won't be as many people on to crash the servers tomorrow.

:eek:

ROTFLMAO.....

The Uniforms might just be a good start...

Now all They have to do this afternoon, is announce that the Klingon Faction is all set... :D

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:17 AM

I can appreciate the sarcasm and pessimism. It's happened the last two weekends so why wouldn't it happen again?

One the changes we've made is in relation to shutting down instance maps that you have just left and fixing some logic on the load balancer.

This along with more hardware should put us in better shape for tomorrow.

Since no one knows how many people will try to login for the episode, it is impossible to say if we are out of the wood.

I will say that we have made preparations, we have staff working the launch time window and we'll all be monitoring closely.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 3368724)
I can appreciate the sarcasm and pessimism. It's happened the last two weekends so why wouldn't it happen again?

One the changes we've made is in relation to shutting down instance maps that you have just left and fixing some logic on the load balancer.

Since no one knows how many people will try to login for the episode, it is impossible to say if we are out of the wood.

I will say that we have made preparations, we have staff working the launch time window and we'll all be monitoring closely.

And we truly appreciate the efforts of you and the STO team Dan.

Big Ups!

I am totally looking forward to tomorrows episode.

:cool:

Archived Post 02-18-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 3368724)

I'm curious what kind of battle-stations are taken when something as stressful as this happens. Any chance of twittering some pics of the Cryptic battle-bridge?