Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   D'KYR: Don't buy it. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=202902)

Archived Post 02-18-2011 12:57 PM

D'KYR: Don't buy it.

It doesn't scale, just like I presume the retrofits don't scale.

I could consider the Delta Flier... it improves as you level. Not the D'Kyr, not the Retrofits.

Cryptic wants you to put down money for an item it will INTENTIONALLY make obsolete within a relatively short time span.

Granted, you can go and slog through and get it the "natural" way... but really... I think Cash is more valuable than that.

If Cryptic is going to sell you items for real cash, they should sell you items that scale with your character. Simple as that.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

Interesting troll. The D'kyr is only available at the highest ship tier, so what does scaling matter?

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia (Post 3369363)
It doesn't scale, just like I presume the retrofits don't scale.

I could consider the Delta Flier... it improves as you level. Not the D'Kyr, not the Retrofits.

Cryptic wants you to put down money for an item it will INTENTIONALLY make obsolete within a relatively short time span.

Granted, you can go and slog through and get it the "natural" way... but really... I think Cash is more valuable than that.

If Cryptic is going to sell you items for real cash, they should sell you items that scale with your character. Simple as that.

I get your gripe even though I don't agree with it. What I don't understand is why you care if anyone else buys it.

Strange, unless it was actually a message to yourself.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia (Post 3369363)

The phasers that came with my TOS Connie have scaled with me.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:03 PM

I figured all the tier 5 ships would be obsolete once tier 5.5 or 6.0 are introduced. That's a given.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior (Post 3369383)
The phasers that came with my TOS Connie have scaled with me.

Precisely.

It should be entirely possible to cause ships to scale with level, they can already do so with the Delta Flier.

Mind you a Starship is more complex than a shuttlecraft, but it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the subnucleotide matrix.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzy
I figured all the tier 5 ships would be obsolete once tier 5.5 or 6.0 are introduced. That's a given.

well you sure belong in this bs thread. how would the current top of the line ships become obsolte. what, they gonna suck 9 NEW ships out of their thumbs that outperform ships like the sovereign ? doubtfull ....

new lvls arent needed either, they hardly have enough to keep you busy at the current cap, what r they gonna do with a new one .... im not dumping my Nebula either. they can invent new ships n new tiers if they want to. but nebula = my one and true love!

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia (Post 3369394)
It should be entirely possible to cause ships to scale with level, they can already do so with the Delta Flier.

I believe they certainly can have ships scale to your level, but I wouldn't expect them to. This is not any different than most every other MMO; you eventually outlevel gear.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abysmalyxia (Post 3369394)
Precisely.

Mind you a Starship is more complex than a shuttlecraft, but it shouldn't be too hard to adjust the subnucleotide matrix.

All shuttles scale as far as I know. They did that because shuttles don't have Tiers, so they had to make them scale. As for the Tier 5 and Tier 5.5 ships, they will be top of the line until Tier 6 is added, which isn't until much later this year if I'm not mistaken. Even once there is a better tier, you will still be able to use them on alts between level 40-50, and if they add ship retrofitting system, something they're considering adding if I'm not mistaken, you'll be able to cntinue using them forever.

Archived Post 02-18-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzy

Unless they will by then provide an "upgrade" option for current T4.5 (Retrofits and GalX) and T5 ships.