Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Bug Reports (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=212)
-   -   My "Dead in Space" Foundry Mission is... Dead? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=204896)

Archived Post 03-01-2011 08:12 PM

My "Dead in Space" Foundry Mission is... Dead?

First of all, I would like to congratulate the devs for bringing the Foundry back online with its awesome branching dialogue feature. ^_^

But there's just one big problem I noticed...

So, after a few weeks of hard work on my foundry mission, I finally got to publishing my first mission, "Dead in Space". Soon after the Foundry got it's update, I finally came back to my mission to fix a few errors. I noticed I had an unfinished task saying, "Resource does no exist." That resource was probably an entire map that I created for this mission. I used the map template: "Mutara Asgard Interior". I'm assuming that particular template is no longer available; therefore making my entire mission unpublishable? :eek: My guess is that other froundry authors who've used that template might experience the same problem.

Options I've tried...
- Duplicating the map does not fix the problem. (It actually creates another "Resources does not exist" task.
- Renaming the map does not work either.
- I've even tried changing its ambient background.

Overall, I might have to create an entirely new map that does not use the "Mutara Asgard Interior". It will be a lot of work, but hopefully it will get around this problem. I realize that Foundry is still a work in progress, so I guess I'll have to be patient until then. I wish the devs good luck in finding and solving any similar issues.

Archived Post 03-01-2011 09:09 PM

Hey Eurrsk, I think I had this same problem. Setting the backdrop for the mission fixed it though. Maybe this has to do with the changes to the backdrop? Give it a try and let me know if it helped.

Archived Post 03-01-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholasJohn16 (Post 3399920)
Hey Eurrsk, I think I had this same problem. Setting the backdrop for the mission fixed it though. Maybe this has to do with the changes to the backdrop? Give it a try and let me know if it helped.

Hmm... I tried that too but It didn't seem to work, but I'm glad it worked out for you. :o Anyways, I realized that the only available backdrop templates seem to be "exterior" backdrops for the map template I'm using. I think my map template is suppose to use an "interior" backdrop. It could just be a bug.

Ahh well... I'm already recreating the map using a different map template.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 06:54 AM

The problem I see is that certain maps are not available as assets anymore; I'm sure it's just a bug and they'll fix it in the next update.
In the meantime, we'll have to wait.
It's too bad, too. I have a great mission waiting to be completed and published.
I'll just have to go and create some episodes with the current scheme while they work the fix.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 08:22 AM

There is an error with costumes in all Foundry maps. Currently, the only type of map that will publish is a space "scan objective" map with no pop-up dialogue.

Edit: Also, advanced dialogue is buggy. Every button in an Advanced Dialogue tree must be clicked for the story tree to progress.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 03:34 PM

As for the resource error -- it is most definitely the backdrop on your map.
What happens if you try to duplicate the map? Does it persist with a variety of different backdrops?

Spectre -- that bug was fixed before this build was put on Tribble. :)
(Getting the fix for that was one of the things holding up its release to Tribble, actually.)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroniusRex
As for the resource error -- it is most definitely the backdrop on your map.
What happens if you try to duplicate the map? Does it persist with a variety of different backdrops?

Spectre -- that bug was fixed before this build was put on Tribble. :)
(Getting the fix for that was one of the things holding up its release to Tribble, actually.)

I noticed that too. Whenever I duplicated the map, it had the same problem with showing only exterior backdrops options rather than interior ones. But soon after I posted this, I was able to get around the problem by creating an entirely new map and deleting the original one. It was a lot of work, but I'm now able to published my mission. :)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 06:52 PM

Thank you... I'm dying to play it.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 09:17 PM

I am running into this same problem you had with the error about the resource not found.

I was using the Mutara Nebula map template and still it will not work to allow me to publish my mission. I would hope that a fix can be found without having to go through a lot more work to come up with a new map to fix my mission.

Hopefully the devs will be able to give me more answer and I apologize for jumping into your thread but since I was having a similar issue I thought it would be okay to post here.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 10:58 PM

It's not just sky/environment. I have a whole map that is in my foundry project, that has been made 'unavailable'. I can still load it, so it's in the database but it's no longer selectable if I want to make a new copy.
It's one of the federation interiors, the one with main engineering in it.

Since it's one of the maps my project uses for a level I can't publish the mission despite being able to edit and play test the map without issue.