Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   ? for the Devs about the Tunic (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=204960)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 08:46 AM

? for the Devs about the Tunic

So with the recent (pic) of the TOS Green Tunic popping up on the forums it appears it's based on this style (pic) and (pic).

Will we also see this style (pic) and (pic) Tunic? This one has gold around the collar with what looks like a black wrap underneath the green tunic. Also the collar in this tunic has a smooth look and the rank is displayed on the sleeves.

Here's a (pic) of both side by side. (sorry for small pic, Best I could find. Also the right tunic seems to be missing the black wrap under the green tunic)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
So with the recent (pic) of the TOS Green Tunic popping up on the forums it appears it's based on this style (pic) and (pic).

Will we also see this style (pic) and (pic) Tunic? This one has gold around the collar with what looks like a black wrap underneath the green tunic. Also the collar in this tunic has a smooth look and the rank is displayed on the sleeves.

Here's a (pic) of both side by side. (sorry for small pic, Best I could find. Also the right tunic seems to be missing the black wrap under the green tunic)

Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I never liked the first wrap. Liked the second one much better. Why the artist went with that design is beyond me. I hope we get both designs.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook (Post 3400852)
Yes, I am wondering the same thing. I never liked the first wrap. Liked the second one much better. Why the artist went with that design is beyond me. I hope we get both designs.

Right there with ya! As soon as I saw that pic my heart dropped. The second one is much better...plus...the second one allows us to display rank unlike the first one.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

I like 2nd one more then 1st one

Isn't the 1st one the dress TOS Tunic

Archived Post 03-02-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Right there with ya! As soon as I saw that pic my heart dropped. The second one is much better...plus...the second one allows us to display rank unlike the first one.

As far as I know there's no reason rank couldn't be displayed on the first one. Except it's so narrow that Captain's rank is about the most you could put on it. I agree with the heart drop though. If all we get is the first design I won't bother getting it.

Archived Post 03-02-2011 02:11 PM

It's basically the same tunic. As long as they give the option to show/hide the gold braiding on the shoulders, and show/hide rank on the sleeves it would work for both.

BTW, I prefer the Season 1 Captain's wrap over the Season 2... Just my opinion. :)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krako (Post 3401512)
It's basically the same tunic. As long as they give the option to show/hide the gold braiding on the shoulders, and show/hide rank on the sleeves it would work for both.

BTW, I prefer the Season 1 Captain's wrap over the Season 2... Just my opinion. :)

True, they are basically the same with slight variations, so it wouldn't surprise me, if the artists will give us BOTH designs? I mean, they went this far, why not give us both? (and make fans of both designs happy?)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street3
I like 2nd one more then 1st one

Isn't the 1st one the dress TOS Tunic

Here's the info on the Tunic from Memory Alpha

Quote to save you time

"Although the standard command division uniform tunics looked gold on most color TV sets, the costumes were actually lime green. The greenish hue of the command tunics can be seen more clearly in the third season, when the fabric used for the tunics was changed from satin velour to a double-knit fabric that reflected the set lighting differently. The dress uniforms, made of a silk material, were always clearly green by comparison, and some darker green jumpsuits and wraparound tunics that were more clearly seen seemed to confirm that all the "gold-to-green" variations were part of the same color scheme. The so-called "beige" uniforms which originated with "The Cage" were ironically a much more yellow color, but likewise appeared beige or pinkish under the lights.

These uniforms first appeared in "The Corbomite Maneuver". Kirk's wraparound jacket was light green, one variation in "Charlie X" with captain's braid on one shoulder, 2 other variations in TOS Season 2 with gold trim only with rank on the sleeves appearing only in "The Doomsday Machine" and with both gold and black trim with rank on the sleeves, for the remainder of the season. No other officer in the original series was ever seen wearing this uniform, although one more green uniform was used, a green service jumpsuit worn by Connors. (The mirror universe Jonathan Archer wore this variant uniform in ENT: "In a Mirror, Darkly".) This style was not seen at all in TOS Season 3."

Here's a (pic) of Archer in the Green Tunic I want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook (Post 3401577)
True, they are basically the same with slight variations, so it wouldn't surprise me, if the artists will give us BOTH designs? I mean, they went this far, why not give us both? (and make fans of both designs happy?)

I hope that's what they do, along with the correct female dress uniform. (pic) and (pic)

Archived Post 03-04-2011 06:22 AM

Any Crypticers know?

Archived Post 04-01-2011 09:03 PM

They chose the first one, but the rank on the shoulders cannot be removed! I don't think they understood that it's his Captain's rank. If you pair this with a different rank on your sleeves, you now have two different ranks showing!