||03-02-2011 06:52 PM
Uniforms: Model errors, issues and feedback
Like the Starships: Model errors, issues and feedback
thread, I'm hoping to make a catalogue here of known uniform and costume model issues. This means anything from colour inconsistencies, to clipping textures, visual glitches and Canon inconsistencies. When submitting, do not be afraid to be pedantic, as it is the entire point of this thread. Set the bar extra high and encourage the devs to shoot for the stars. ;)
Please, post only
if you have any new
info on issues or inconsistencies any ship might have, as posting info already found here will only hamper my efforts to update this thread.
Please utilise http://imgur.com/
(pictures) and http://tiny.cc/
(pages) when submitting info to help keep the bloat down on the front page posts.
Enterprise era uniforms (circa: 2140s - 2160s)
- The fleet patch covers part of the division stripe. It should be moved down a bit.
- The Flag Officer pips on the Enterprise uniform should appear on Both Sides.
- Mirror Enterprise:
- Male Uniform top: No option for a fleet patch at all.
- Female Uniform top: The fleet patch goes beneath the assignment patch. It would be nice if we could opt to replace the NX-01 assignment patch with our fleet patch / badge.
- Both sets:
- It would be really nice if the NX-01 silhouette on the ship assignment patch could be replaced with the silhouette of whichever ship class (Primary) to which you are currently assigned, if the text: "Enterprise" (Non-mirror) could be replaced with your ship's name, and if the "NX-01" (Mirror) could be replaced with your ship's registry (if you chose not to replace it with your fleet patch).
(circa: 2265 - 2270)
TMP era uniforms
- The current male jumpers seem to be utilising the pattern from the JJTrek uniforms. The TOS uniforms have a more subtle seam and an upward curve over the breast as opposed to the straight line seams of the STO/JJtrek jumpers.
- The trousers are a bit too shiny, as if they are made of vinyl or leather instead of cloth.
- Combining a Ferengi with a TOS jumper or wrap tunic and the Stern stance gives you a big triangular hole in the back of the character's neck through which you can see whatever's in front of you.
- Mirror Universe: Missing the captain's sparkly wrap with fringed shoulders, missing Scotty's knee high boots, missing the miscellaneous medals they wear opposite the Terran Empire patch.
- NPCs sporting TOS Vulcan hairstyles in the TOS ship interiors have sideburns that do not meet original Starfleet regulations
- Command wrap tunic should have the ranks on the shoulders or the cuffs, not both. Unable to change shoulder rank.
- Missing female Dress uniforms. Should be shiny like the current nurse's uniform, but with the ability to add medals and decorations and change the collar colour. Examples: 1 2
(Legend: RDML = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) RADM = Rear Admiral (Upper Half) VADM = Vice Admiral )
Starting from top to bottom: (Images taken from: http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpres...circa_2270.htm )
- The uniform collar does not deform with the player / BO body like the rest of the uniform. BOs / Players with larger than normal necks (by any margin) clip horribly with the collar. Using the "Stern" stance exacerbates the clipping.
- Crew neck variant missing
- The epaulette ranks for RADM and above are using bars instead of starbursts:
- Male (comm)badges are the only ones with colour tintable backgrounds. (TMP era uniforms use the background of their badges to indicate their career path: Colours and the departments they represent.)
- Short sleeve variant missing
- Rank braids on the cuffs use the TOS braids instead of the changed TMP braids:
- Horrible clipping in the nethers whilst sitting in the captain's chair. [pic not provided out of decency]
- The trousers make female toons' calves look enormous. Serious cankles going on, there. :3
I had hoped to see the security armour added to the set, sans helmet for obvious reasons. Was hoping to give the chest armour and boots to my Chief of Security. :3
Wrath of Khan era uniforms
Originally Posted by PodSix
Suggestions for change:
- The "straps" for the belt are the wrong colour, and should match the center section, not the outside section.
- The insignia pin should be a patch for all uniforms EXCEPT the admiralty/dress uniform, and the field should be colour changeable to white, green, yellow, red, etc.
See picture above.
- The insignia is RIDICULOUSLY LARGE on female characters.
See picture above.
- The sleeve color shows on the top of the back of the collar, but not in the very front.
(my impression is that this is incorrect anyways, and should not show at all)
- Rank braids clip badly on female sleeves
- Epaulets should be optional while still showing sleeve rank.
- There is no beige in the colour picker (the C-Store image shows us a colour we can't make). There is also no powder blue, and nothing close enough to the ocher either.. Basically we can create almost NONE of the Canon colours for these uniforms. Therefore the ONLY canon uniforms that can be created with this are the Admiral's dress uniform, and the "white" version.
- Epaulet rank insignia are white, while sleeve braids are gold (before tinting). both share the same tinting group.
I suggest changing the TMP uniform to two shirts. one with epaulets, one without. Fix the colour on the collar, fix the colour on the belt. Set separate colur groups for sleeve rank and shoulder ranks (if shown). add some more light colours to the colour pallet. Make holes in the "pin" and/ir make the "field" section colourable, with "white" as an option.
TNG era Uniforms
: (Circa 2366 - 2372)
TNG-era Open-Jacket Uniforms
- 2366-2369 (TNG) Female left arms 2-3 cm too high, appears to be a clipping error.
- 2370s (Voyager era) commbadges clip with female chests (*ahem* bust size seems to exacerbate the amount of clipping). :o
- TNG uniform still folds badly when using the Thoughtful stance.
: (circa: 2368 - current)
- Captain's shirt variant is only ever seen under the TNG Captain's jacket, which isn't available currently - never the DS9/TNG movie tops.
- The 'open jacket versions of the DS9/TNG movie uniforms should logically be the open top with the coloured department undershirt visible.
- On that note, the TNG movie version can also be worn open over the 'Captains' Vest' - alternatively, the vest can be worn without the jacket over the top, similar to the Captain variant shirt.
Picard's Jacket - TNG
Command Vest - First Contact
Janeway with jacket off, showing the DS9/VOY shirt
Security Officer with TNG movie jacket open