Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Night of the Comet...NO unique rewards?! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=205065)

Archived Post 03-02-2011 08:49 PM

Night of the Comet...NO unique rewards?!

Hi! I was wondering why you changed the rewards from Night of the Comet (fed phaser rifle, type 3 hand phaser, and the klingon disrputor) to run of the mill weapons? Admittedly most ppl prolly use them for a lil bit, then set them aside for a new shiney weapon. But there has to be more than just me that looked forward to one of them, in this case the disrputor for my new klingon officer lol. Why the shift?

Archived Post 03-02-2011 08:53 PM

Until last update they scaled, not to mention they make have TOS sounds and effects.

Had I known they were going to nerf that, I would have done it 3 or 4 more times. :(

Archived Post 03-03-2011 08:23 AM

i see no problem, wen the weapon scales automatic you have lower DPS then now, ok granted you have to run the mission every new rank but still! thats XP :p

Example: old weapon DPS (18) now if i run the mission again i get a DPS (20) weapon .. so i see no problem in running the missions again at new rank :p better weapon and XP i'll say !

Archived Post 03-03-2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxsa
i see no problem, wen the weapon scales automatic you have lower DPS then now, ok granted you have to run the mission every new rank but still! thats XP :p

Example: old weapon DPS (18) now if i run the mission again i get a DPS (20) weapon .. so i see no problem in running the missions again at new rank :p better weapon and XP i'll say !

The rifle had phaser explosion on the special. 100% Chance. If you examine all the purple emblem rifles, you will not find a weapon with greater than 5% chance of phaser explosion. If the weapons have been turned into 'generic' weapons and the very special OS rifle was removed, check the specials to see why.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 09:34 AM

Problem with weapons not scaling is that you can pretty much throw them in the trashcan once you reach a higher rank, as a fleet admiral you won't be using the TOS weapons anymore. I still have the original release rifle and pistol and a new set.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 11:02 AM

You can throw them in the trashcan, but you can also get them again at a higher MK. A fleet admiral won't be using the same TOS weapons, but at that point they'll give mk XIV or higher on replay anyway.

Archived Post 03-03-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie223
The rifle had phaser explosion on the special. 100% Chance. If you examine all the purple emblem rifles, you will not find a weapon with greater than 5% chance of phaser explosion. If the weapons have been turned into 'generic' weapons and the very special OS rifle was removed, check the specials to see why.

oh did not see that, yeah i tend not to use "Butt ugly" weapons lol, i don't use that type 3 phaser :p i know its the stats that counts but NOT for me :p What the eye likes i use :p

Archived Post 03-03-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noxsa
oh did not see that, yeah i tend not to use "Butt ugly" weapons lol, i don't use that type 3 phaser :p i know its the stats that counts but NOT for me :p What the eye likes i use :p

haha ... Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I think the artwork is true to the series and the sound is compelling! I loved it the moment I heard it. Later, once I got two of them ....

1,2, boom <knockdown>, 1
z
1,2 boom <knockdown> , 1
spam abilities

/repeat

I fell in love with THAT ;-P

Archived Post 03-03-2011 02:07 PM

Lol, I never said it was really a problem, as long as they scale to your new rank...just curious as to why it was done. :) .....O and btw, because they changed them to mk weapons DOESN'T mean they scale up to your rank on a replay. The type 1 hand phaser from Past Imperfect doesn't, it has always been given as a lt. comm weapon reguardless of my rank. :(

Archived Post 03-03-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnsignRand
Lol, I never said it was really a problem, as long as they scale to your new rank...just curious as to why it was done. :) .....O and btw, because they changed them to mk weapons DOESN'T mean they scale up to your rank on a replay. The type 1 hand phaser from Past Imperfect doesn't, it has always been given as a lt. comm weapon reguardless of my rank. :(

well then is that mission bugged, i got a XI weapon from a mission on reply witch i'v done the first time around LC where i got a IV weapon from, so it do scale with you, you just have to redo the mission again!
this might indeed not count for older missions but i bet the new missions will count in that factor! if not there must be a bug somewhere.